Xardias application

Hello and good evening fellow spacefarers!

My name is Alex and I currently live in the cold and snowy country of Norway. Here I work as a teacher in primary school. Something I just love! I don’t teach English so there might be a grammar error or two :sweat_smile::grin:

I’ve been gaming long as I can remember. (I am just 28.) My first real love for gaming was The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I spent so many hours in that game. Later I found my love for a online game named “Tibia” and later on World of Warcraft.

I have always been fascinated by space and space movies/series. From the good old days of Star Trek/Stargate to Stark Trek Discovery and The Expanse.

Unfortunately I have not been playing EVE or any other type of space games. Tho one of my favorite games all time is the Mass Effect series. I am still sad and shocked after playing Andromeda.

I enlisted for Star Citizen back in 2014 and have followed their progress for a long time. But I did not start playing before some months ago after some close friends said I just had to try it out now! And I most say I really enjoy it! The only thing I miss is playing with a ORG and friends. I often feel alone in game and I think joining a ORG would be very good!

I found out about ADI from Youtube after watching a guy(Cannot remember the name right now) was transporting cargo with a lot of other people. I saw how everyone was having fun and enjoying them self. So I had a closer look and I just love what I read about your Guild(ORG) I was a big fan of how “Real Life” comes first. This is something of huge importance to me.

Thank you for reading my post, and I hope you did not get bored of reading it!
I am looking forward to hear from all of you! :blush:

P.S; I might not be able to join Mumble tonight as I have to plan something for tomorrow. But I will definitely join in at Friday!

Alex.
“Xardias”

1 Like

Welcome to ADI Xardis! Glad to hear how you found us, if it is who I think it is aswell as which video it was I think I may have had the pleasure of being in that group that evening. This is a great ORG and we do have a lot of fun most of the time.

What ships do you have, what part of the game are you most interested in?

-Nilen

Welcome Xardias! Glad to have you here with us at ADI, you won’t be disappointed choosing this org as your home, we have a very active membership with a lot of different experiences from all over the gameplay choices. What area of gameplay interests you the most? Hope to see you in the Verse!

Hello Nilen and Tigaar! Thank you for the kind words!

Oh, it was a great video to watch and I hope to be able to join in on the fun sometime.
To be honest I cannot 100% decide what I would like to do in game. I am a huge fan of “Exploring, Salvaging and Transport Cargo” So those three will be my main things to do in game.

It would also be great fun to learn to fly better and to protect others. Both in the air and on the ground.

I currently just own a Carrack (Constellation Aquila right now) and F7C Hornet. I am going to get the Prospector, Reclaimer and The Caterpillar. And later on some smaller ships.

Xardias

Welcome! I’m a huuuuge Mass Effect fan (original series of course). Glad to have you aboard with ADI. I never played any space or flight sim and this is my first. With this awesome community you’re going to pick it up pretty quick. Looking forward to flying with you.

Thank you so much, Valmont! I am so glad you did enjoy the Mass Effect series also! The original series was fantastic. Perhaps the only thing I did enjoy with Andromeda was the Pathfinder’s ship!

I am really glad to hear you like it here! Look forward getting to know you all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to ADI Xardias. I agree wholeheartedly that the best of Star Citizen is experienced with a dedicated, active, supportive org. And that is exactly what you have found with ADI. We are really pushing the limits as to what you can accomplish in the game thus far. I look forward to flying with you soon.

Hello and welcome to ADI, Xardias! It sounds like you have been around the block when it comes to gaming! I hope you find Star Citizen at the top of the list! You have made the right decision to join ADI and I think you will enjoy its members, leaders, and what ADI has to offer! See you in game!

Really looking forward to flying with you man. we can talk Mass Effect all day XD

Greetings Xardias and welcome aboard here at ADI! You have definitely come to the right organization, we always have an excellent time playing together here. I’m looking forward to being able to fly with you soon here in the 'verse!

Hello Xardias and welcome!

You share similar interests with a lot of other members, including myself! I think you’ll like here for sure!

hit me up if you’re looking for a wing man!

Welcome to ADI, Xardias! Good to have you aboard. It sounds like you have found the right place to hang your hat as most, if not all, of us have a deep love of the space sci-fi genre. I hope to fly with you in the 'Verse soon!

Welcome to ADI Alex, glad to have you and i see you in the verse

Welcome Xardias! I’m also a fellow Trekkie. Finally someone will get all my references. Hopefully our schedules will match up!

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

You all seem like a fantastic bunch and I look forward to get knowing you all in the universe if my on boarding goes well! I see a lot of you have the same interests as I and that really helps!

I will be dropping by Mumble after work today.

Thanks again and I hope to see you all soon!
Xardias

Welcome to ADI Xardias. Yeah I’m s till kicking a can after playing Mass Effect Andromeda. Hope to see you soon in the verse.

Welcoem to ADI Alex :slight_smile:

Nice to have one more fellow scandinavian viking with us. We try to make it fun for the native englis speaking people here by adding people like us that makes the grammar mistakes :wink:

You might be one of the lucky ones that didn’t play EVE it consumed so must time to play it, hehe.

It is nice to be a part of a community in most online games. I hope we live up to your expataions.

Real life comes first is very important to us!

Join Mumble when you have the time and a staff member will come and help you out.

See you in the Verse!

Thanks Lacoste!
Hehe, always fun to speak to native English speaking people! As we have our Scandinavian ascent :smile:

I tired out EVE for about two hours, but I got completely lost in it unfortunately.

Coming on Mumble later this evening, looking forward to talk to you guys then! :slight_smile:

Xardias

Haha yes it is easy to here we are from scandinavia :joy:

Sounds good! I will be on most of the evening so maybe it is me that gets to onboard you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to ADI Alex. You may not teach English but your written English is perfect. My parents were both teachers and I sit on a board of directors with a teacher (not ADI). You’ll find there are a few die hard Mass Effect fans in the Org. You’ve met Valmont of course, but another one is HavOk; he’s a director on the board and has a channel on YouTube. I am not such a creature though. I loved the original Microsoft Games’ Freelancer. I used to play in once a year for years and years. Star Citizen is Freelancer on steroids, or at least, brought up to date.

More about ADI; you will find that in addition to the fun, camaraderie and team play, ADI has a strong mentoring spirit that permeates all levels of play. The members here genuinely want to help everyone with their learning curves so don’t be reluctant to ask questions on Mumble, on Discord or through DM. You can direct message through this website and Discord.

As you may be aware, there’s lots to do at ADI in game play I mean; from borrowing someone’s or the org’s ship to certification training to the Mass Ops that run often on Saturday mornings (Chicago time). Don’t hesitate to volunteer if you can. I learn something and gain a little more confidence every time I join in. So have a great time. Teach us English-bound players a little culture [Norwegian] and have fun. I look forward to running ops with you.

1 Like