Your Favourite Video Game of ALL Time.....GO!

Both CP2077 and BG3 have awesome intro trailers. I will play BG3 when they are done and when is that by the way? … lol, BG3 looks to be a great game and since I fought mindflayers in the pencil and paper game, it will be a nice nostalgic moment for me. I had one DnD character that fought one Mind Flayer both physically and mentally. He was losing mentally (telepathically) so he switched to psychometabolic (egoist) power and beat it physically. I still have the character which was migrated into Pathfinder v1. And of course, the creatures in Stranger Thing’s The Upside Down are based off creatures of the Underdark especially Mindflayers.

As for disliking Witcher, everyone to their own but it remains the best RPG video game to date for me. Elder scrolls online is boring. I played the beta for 1 hour and it reminded me of LOTRO grinding with better graphics so I said … nope. As for the game itself, Bethesda tends to suck in RPGs. That was evident in Fallout 4 and why they wouldn’t let Obsidian do any more Fallout releases. Thank goodness, it is no longer up to them since both companies are now owned by MS.

For some reason I can’t get back into CP2077. It’s a GOOD game, but I tried reinstalling it the other day as I have a new machine capable of RTX and really good performance and… it just wasn’t scratching the itch. I think it’s because of Johnny. He ruins the game for me. I HATE having a timer over my head when I am in an open world game, and that is literally what ruined the game for me, and made it SO hard to finish.

Suikoden is hands down my most favorite game of all time. I could not tell you how many times Ive replayed this game as Ive lost count over the years. Coming in at a close 2nd is The Legend of Dragoon. (other than the other suikoden titles that is…)

7days to die. which has been in alpha just as long as Star Citizen

been playing since released on console, and finally moved (2020) to the PC. Even if I stop playing for a few months, i always end up back in it.
You can build amazing things, you can terraform, dig massive underground cities, you got FPS from the zombies, and now in Alpha 19. you got missions you can do, and soon they are going to add raiders/hostile human NPCs that raid your place as well… cant wait for that.

i even still pay monthly for my own server…heh

2 Likes

I have had my eye on that for quite some time but I was always quite hesitant to pick it up. We have a Rust server going, and Valheim too. I always enjoyed those. Also played Conan for a bit. I don’t know if I can get stuck in on those kinds of games as much as I used to be able to, but I always wanted to ask someone who played 7days to tell me more about it. I am very curious.

think of minecraft. better graphics, more “detailed” crafting and building. You can make chairs pots, tvs, beer coolers, mini bars; really customized and decorate your insides as well as different paints and wallpapers. Then you got your zombies. which you can then build huge and amazing traps, defenses with variety of guns, turrets, blades, etc. etc. You also got a truck/jeep and motorcycle that looks like something from mad max. and you got minibikes and gryocopters (mini heli). in alpha 20, they supposedly introducing drones that can help you in different ways.
you can go into a village and loot. everything but trader areas can be broken down and destroyed. A few of us used admin commands to spawn in hundreds of thousands of tnt bombs to bring down a skyscrapper. :slight_smile: nearly crashed the server.

If I had to pick one. Civilization… all series and forms. Just provides good long term play that never seems to get old. Second, would have to be the Total War series and Battle tech. For the same above listed reasons.
Yazzmania

1 Like

I will jump on this wagon with my input lol.
The Witcher 3 has to be the best in class, visual, writing, and overall scope of gameplay, the combat was the only drawback and it was awesome in its own right. This game would suck you into side quest after side quest and have you wondering where you left off the main story lol.
Freelancer was the first PC game I ever played. So epic and ahead of its time.

1 Like

XCOM 1. XCOM 3. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

XCOM 2 is good too.

1 Like

Let’s see what Witcher 4 will be like?

1 Like

I am so hopeful!

DAoC was hella fun.

I was a lurikeen nightshade when the lvl 35 pvp battle grounds were added. I had SO much fun killing people with my small rogue :slight_smile:

1 Like

1 Like

there have been so many games I played and have loved. an odd one I loved was Shogo: Mobile Armor Division. Fun anime inspired shooter that had on foot and mecha combat. Really wish someone would remake it or do a successor.

Dark Forces 1 & 2 (later stuff got weird)

x-wing/tie fighter series

Privateer 2 I loved

etc

Have you played the remake of this? I’m not sure if it’s been abandoned or not but it feels so true to the original

I haven’t, yet. It looks good, I wonder if they are bringing back all the original maps. Hopefully the mod community can get involved there were some that I enjoyed. Might have to reinstall the old game :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, the original maps and weapons are on there and it feels really true to the original game. However, it seems to have been in development for years now and I’ve assumed that it’s been abandoned. Still, it’s a free download and a bit of fun

From what I can find Epic pulled the plug on Unreal Tournament, moved all their people into the production of Fortnite and haven’t looked back. It is a free download and anything extra is being created by the community.

1 Like

Ah, I wondered what had happened. I played a demo at an event just after COVID and it’s not changed since. Shame as it was good