Papa_Jefe - Introduction

Hi there friends. I’m Papa_Jefe, and I just started playing SC a few days ago. I’d been following its development for years and was fascinated, but had already become absorbed in Elite Dangerous. I’m sure I am not alone here in my disappointment with the direction FDev has taken, and decided it was time to try out Star Citizen.

Boy howdy am I glad I did. This game is truly amazing. My kids keep asking about the new game I’ve been playing.

I’m still learning the ropes, but have plenty of outside experience that I’m sure will come in handy on my journey through the 'Verse. I look forward to getting to know as many of you as I can.

2 Likes

welcome to ADI!

glad to have you here and hope to see you in the verse!

1 Like

Sooooooo occasionally I’m not the smartest man in the room.

I read the intro docs and wound up downloading Bumble instead of Mumble. Oops. The website for Mumble returns a 503 error for all the download links, though, so I’m not sure what to do about that.

1 Like

Pappa, did you get sorted?

Seems Mumble’s download system is having a certificate issue. You can download the files from their github page here: Release 1.3.4 · mumble-voip/mumble · GitHub

Let me know if you have any other problems.

1 Like

Welcome to ADI Papa_Jefe. I’m glad you joined the team. I look forward to running into you.

Hi Papa, nice to meet you and welcome to ADI, What ship did you get with your Game Package. If you want to try any out, just ask as there are many within the Org… sharpe

Welcome to ADI Papa! I’m fascinated with the game as well, it’s just too beautiful to be true. We are getting lots of Elite Dangerous refugees here lately, SC is just better :wink: . We will all help you out with any questions you might have. Hoping to see ya in the Verse sometime!

Welcome to ADI family I hope to see you around sometime and fly some fun missions with you.

Heh. Unlucky timing there, Papa_Jefe - hope you got Mumble sorted out, it’s the best way to hop in with both feet to ADI and SC. Even if the SC alpha crashes, you’ll still have voice comms with your friends. Like RichardSharpe was saying, if you’re curious about any ship or any kind of activity in the game, just ask - generally one of our members will be glad to show you how or get you familiarized with a ship in their hangar that you’re curious about.

A bit late, but welcome Papa_Jefe. See you out there.