Newbie Jonrec

Greetings ADI,

I am interested in becoming more involved in the SC game. I initially purchased it back in 2015, but my computer was not really capable of running it (to be enjoyable). I have upgraded the PC and the game runs great. except for the bugs.
I have enjoyed learning about the character movement and entered a few ‘arena’ matches to try to improve with moderate success.
I love the ship game-play and spent some time learning about the travel mechanics, then some mission mechanics, etc…

I still have a ton to learn, and it has been frustrating trying to learn-by-failure, so I am excited to be part of a community that I can help and that can help me.

Personal: I’m an old guy. I have a great group of friends in another MMORPG and I enjoy the social aspect, but I also love to contribute to in-game objectives.

Looking forward to a beginning. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome, Jsjay9! Most of us are a bunch of old social gamers so you can expect to expand your network of friends by joining. I have learned so much about the game and about cooperative game-play through weekend org operations. I recommend you sign up for those when you get the chance. You will need to complete your onboarding on mumble to do this but once we get you plugged in, jump in on the action. Looking forward to having you around. Again, welcome to ADI!

Thanks Caeci,

I’ll load up Mumble and connect this evening after work; I’m in the eastern time-zone US.

Welcome aboard Jsjay9! We don’t like to admit but we have a bunch of old guys here (myself included). Glad you can partake in the journey now with your upgraded PC. I went through a similar experience. I had to upgrade memory, graphics and move to SSDs. That made a huge difference for me.

Greetings and welcome to ADI! Hope to see you soon in the verse. If you ask me you didn’t miss out on too much back in 2015. The game at this point is very much more enjoyable. There are definitely a lot of players in ADI that can help you hone your skills more.

Welcome Jsjay9. Don’t worry about being a “newbie”, the games changed a lot recently so we are all learning the ropes :laughing:. Hope to see you in the verse.

Welcome to ADI Jsjay9! Star Citizen is one of the most ambitious games I’ve ever seen so there’s no shortage of stuff to learn about it. With how often CIG has changed the flight model, even the veteran players are still learning :joy:

I opted for the Avenger Stalker, which I upgraded from the Mustang/Aurora pledge.

I promptly crashed it, maimed it, then lost it… (well, actually, I died in a store that was on a different station)… so, yeah, woke up without a ship…

What do I want to do? well, everything! I guess I will gravitate toward something I have some minor skill for and then grow from there! :slight_smile:

A good nice starter Ship Jonrec and welcome aboard to ADI! Make sure to sign up for OPs and training when you can. See you soon in the Verse!

Welcome to ADI Jsjay9. Tis a good group to play with here. Hope to see you out there!

Hello Jay. Yeah, the socially aspect made RP and MMORPGs quite interesting. I started in 1985 with traveller but had to make a big brake between the 1990s and 2015 due to… Well, I am sure one can guess it…due to family.

In this way… Good to have you here and if you need a taxi to Hurston or Arccorp, just let me know.

Welcome Jsjay9! Glad to have you with us here at ADI, you picked the right org to call home with active and experienced members to enjoy the Verse. Hope to fly with you soon!

Greetings and congratulations on the upgraded PC and taking up the pilots chair for star citizen! I had to do the same thing because I was getting one frame in ten if it was a good day lol Sounds like you’re off to a good start with learning the basics and getting your feet we in the Universe and other modes and as always CIG will add more as we go along so theres always more to learn. Feel free to ask questions of other Org mates here in the forum or in our chat servers of mumble/discord. Welcome to ADI!

From one old guy to another, welcome to ADI. Bugs are everywhere, even in real life, so why not SC eh? I’m glad you joined our team. One thing that is really great about ADI is there is a strong mentoring spirit here. Ask a question, in game, on Discord or in a post and just watch the answers flow. I look forward to running ops with you.