Mumble Issue 2

It was working fine, until I went in to change my push to talk. Now it runs like a paper weight. Wont load. gets stuck on each screen and takes an age to get to the next one. I tried deleting every file of it on my computer and then reinstalling. But apparently it still recognizes my pc/preferences because the install was abbreviated. Any suggestions?

Try running it as admin?

If that doesn’t work here are some suggestions, first try uninstalling mumble again using these instructions:

1. Close the Mumble client if it is currently running. Make sure it’s not running in the background as well.
  2. Press the Windows key on your keyboard or click the Windows Start button located at the bottom left corner of the screen to open the Start Menu.
  3. In the search bar, type “Control Panel” and click on the corresponding result to open the Control Panel.
  4. Within the Control Panel, set the view to “Category” (if it’s not already) by clicking the “View by” dropdown menu in the top-right corner and selecting “Category.”
  5. Under the “Programs” section, click on the “Uninstall a program” link. This will open the list of installed programs on your computer.
  6. Locate “Mumble” in the list of installed programs. The list is arranged alphabetically, so you can scroll down to find it quickly. Once found, select it by clicking on it.
  7. With Mumble selected, click on the “Uninstall” button located at the top of the list. Alternatively, you can right-click on Mumble and choose “Uninstall” from the context menu.
  8. A confirmation dialog will appear asking if you want to uninstall Mumble. Click “Yes” to proceed.
  9. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the uninstallation process. It may take a few moments to uninstall all components of Mumble.
  10. After the uninstallation is complete, it’s recommended to restart your computer to ensure any remaining files or processes are fully cleared.

Now that Mumble and its associated files have been uninstalled, you can proceed with reinstalling it. You can download the latest version of Mumble from the official Mumble website (https://www.mumble.info/). Once downloaded, run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to install Mumble again.

If that doesn’t work, try this:

1. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard simultaneously. This will open the “Run” dialog box.
  2. Type %appdata% into the Run dialog box and press Enter. This will open the Roaming folder in Windows Explorer.
  3. Locate the folder named “Mumble” and right-click on it.
  4. From the context menu, select “Delete” to remove the Mumble folder and all its contents.
  5. Next, in the Run dialog box, type %localappdata% and press Enter. This will open the Local folder in Windows Explorer.
  6. Again, locate the folder named “Mumble” and right-click on it.
  7. Select “Delete” from the context menu to remove the Mumble folder and its contents from the Local folder.

By deleting the “Mumble” folders from both the Roaming and Local folders, you will ensure that all your saved configuration and settings are completely removed.

Now you can proceed with reinstalling Mumble by downloading the latest version from the official Mumble website (https://www.mumble.info/). Run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to install Mumble as a fresh installation without any previous settings or configurations.

Thanks for the tips! I had done those things. It seems the bug sorted itself out over night. The program is working today.

Great news