Mining Interface Scan Failure

Have you ever been out mining and suddenly the outlines (grey and yellow) for the rocks don’t appear and the scanning won’t happen either in scan mode or mining mode? It happens to me pretty frequently. I’ve tried getting in and out if seat, power toggling, toggling mining mode, going to other rocks… Only thing that seems to work is server hopping. Do you have any insights into this problem? Ways to circumvent it or fix it?
Thanks!

just started exploring the mining side. I did notice that the NB cave quest is buggy and that I can not use my hand multi tool in a no fire zone.

I’ve ran into this. I’ve had it sometimes where if I just mine one blind going by the audible queues (Overheating!!), it often, although not always, corrects itself on the next rock.

2 Likes

I am assuming it is a bug with scan mode because if I do not use scan mode before entering mining mode, this doesn’t happen. If I am mining on the surface of a planet, I will leave it in mining mode and run to the next Rock on the map and it will work on that one. Then I turn around and come back to the rock that I wanted to mine, and it will be scannable. Other things I have done was back off about 500 m up into the air, do a full backflip while in mining mode, and then come back to the ground and it has worked before. So far the leaving and going and scanning a different Rock and coming back is the only one that has worked 100% for me. The backflip method is maybe a 30% fix rate.

© 2013 - 2021 Atlas Defense Industries LLC