MausGMR signing in!

Hi everyone, my names Rob, and I go by the online handle MausGMR (Mouse).

I’ve been an avid gamer all my life, starting my journey into PC gaming as a young kid, playing Doom on my friends PC, the finally getting my own and progressing to such great titles like Mech Commander and Starsiege Tribes. As a UK National, Multiplayer gaming has always been a focal point for me, and whilst modem based online play was a manageable struggle, I also enjoyed attending a local LAN centre in my later teenage years, which promoted a great sense of community and competitive spirit. Attending, as well as organising events at this centre was always something I greatly enjoyed, and I made some great friends there, as well as participated in a number of early e-sports tournaments for games like Call of Duty, Quake and UT2004 (Back in the day when prizes were pathetic unless you were in the American Quake scene). We won a few of these, and I’m proud to this day of those team related achievements.

Fast forward to the more present day, and whilst I currently find myself in my early 30’s (just), with a lot less time available for gaming than I used to have, and a slower trigger finger, I still like to enjoy well made multiplayer shooters, RTS games, some RPG’s and a few of the best MOBA’s. Typically my FPS leaning has headed more in the strategic direction, where my limited experience in UK reserves is nicely augmented by 15 years of multiplayer FPS experience. Thus I find myself playing a lot of Arma 3, with well over a thousand hours sunk into mainly multiplayer action, with a focus on competitive rather than vs AI gameplay. My ideal gaming session is leading a group of friends to great success in a game like Arma, vs an intelligent, challenging enemy, and everyone having a great time doing it. I have around 10 years of gaming leadership experience, which has included leading a Mechwarrior Living Legends and Planetside 2 community to decent levels of success. I have also utilised Arma 3 and Interstellar Marines for my own attempts at Star Citizen Marine training, which is something I’ve noticed echoed here in the military discussions.

I’m currently intending within Star Citizen, to enjoy whatever the game offers in as full a manner as I can. I may find myself exploring a full range of professions, or settlnig on a small selection for a large period of time. My initial thoughts lie in Frontier combat gameplay, and my desire is to be part of a community that is large enough to have the numbers to make a Frontier presence a reality, but organised enough to not be a bloated, uncoordinated entity.

My current ships are a Vanguard Warden and Gladius Valiant, both of which I bought, as well as an 890 Jump, which I was lucky enough to Win at Citizencon 2 years ago. I will attest that after meeting the devs, and chatting extensively to Ben Lesnick, Sean Tracy, and Erin Roberts, that this project is 100% in the right hands. Citizencon was a great experience, and I thoroughly encourage anyone on the fence about going to the next one, to get themselves over there and just enjoy it.

Thanks for reading. Any questions feel free to ask below!

Also for anyone who enjoys it, I wrote the following Star Citizen themed stories, written for my previous organisation:

forums.robertsspaceindustries.c … les#latest

forums.robertsspaceindustries.c … les#latest

Hey MausGMR!

Welcome to ADI! I hear you’ve already been through your onboarding, so it sounds like you’re all set in that regard. Hope you’ll join us for Friday Night Flight Nights in the 'verse. If you’ve got any interest in playing ARK or CoD:IW, we’ve got a fair amount of activity going with those two games as well.

In any event, hope to catch you on Mumble soon.

Great to have ya! don’t forget to grab the ADI discord link next time you’re in chat!

Hey there Rob - welcome to the ADI community!
First off - that’s a hell of an intro. It’s great to see gamers like yourself joining the ADI family and adding to the our strength with your experience. I have no doubt you should fit in just fine and find plenty of players with the same strategic mindset.

It looks like you have already completed your on boarding which is fantastic!

I always like to make it clear that if you have any questions while you are here, don’t hesitate to reach out and ask one of us - we will do our best to get you the answers you are looking for.

Lastly - I just like to point out that ADI is working on branching out into other games while we patiently wait for SC to release (Soon TM as they say). Currently we have plans to support CoD:IW, we have a number of players in Ark Survival Evolved, and plan on supporting a survival space sim called Hellion when it releases (soon TM). Feel free to help our community expand into more new games.

Welcome again and I look forward to getting some game time in with you.

Maus, Welcome to ADI. See you in mumble

Thanks very much folks, i’m currently keen to play Star Marine with you folks as soon as I can get the time, hope you’re all enjoying it like I am!

Looking forward to joining in for Friday night fight night when I get chance. If you guys have any questions for me please feel free to ask. Also i’m keen to learn some more about the certificate system, so if there’s anywhere I can read up on that that’ll be great.

Great wall of text there. Welcome to ADI Maus. Glad to have you with us. You sure have been lucky by receiving a free ORIGIN 890 Jump! Looking forward to chat with you in mumble and discord.

HI MausGMR welcome to ADI hope to speak you soon

Welcome MausGMR!

Great introduction and thank you for your interest in ADI! Glad to have another member with such a breadth of gaming experience. It also looks like a few of our members have already given you the low down on some of what ADI is doing and about, so I’ll just keep it simple. :smiley: Be sure to take some time getting settled in and getting to know a few members that you may not already know; we hold a SC/ADI associated Friday night flight night (previously mentioned by DHawk) which is where you can get to know many of us.

Anyway, let us know if you have any other questions, and once again, welcome to the ADI family!

-Hyndrosa1

Welcome to ADI!

You should now have forum access

Welcome, Maus.

Looking forward to meeting you and chatting on mumble, as well as getting a chance to game with you a bit!