So, I haven’t been playing or following Star Citizen for a while because real life happens.
I logged in and updated the launcher. For the next few hours here’s what I observed:
- One crash to desktop
- I haven’t been able to complete even one mission because:
- On bounties/patrol missions, enemies don’t show up even though the NPC voiceover says enemies inbound, so mission can’t be completed.
- On cargo delivery missions, the cargo bay on the Andromeda doesn’t work (cargo bay can be lowered but not raised- WTF and I couldn’t get on the elevator with the box of medical cargo (Ling Delivery) because magically you can’t board or place the cargo on the elevator with you),
- Enemies basically just rush head-on and just ram you. It’s annoying and unsophisticated. It’s the same dumb AI the original Wing Commander had.
- Using a Hornet, I couldn’t kill the invincible sensor collecting illegal data. I just kept shooting it for about 5 minutes to no avail. Also, apparently the Hornet is an X-Wing- if you are close to a target, you can actually shoot past it, not hitting anything.
I can’t say I’m very impressed. I have a pretty fast CPU and graphics card and the graphics were still chugging, and the audio kept cutting in and out on Stanton Station.
Yes, it’s an alpha, but these bugs just don’t compel me to play more.
Am I wrong? What’s everyone else’s experience?