Introductions: Yogi1Kanobee

Hi there,

I’m Yogi1Kanobee, I’m retired and live in Wiltshire, UK. I found Star Citizen about 3 weeks ago and it’s been quite a learning curve, as I’ve never played anything like it before and never played multiplayer. I stared gaming again 2-3 years ago after seeing that there was a new version of Doom. Since then I’ve been into the Borderlands games, but felt disappointed with BL3 after a few months.

So, I discovered SC and love it, mostly. I nearly gave up what with the bugs, spending days trying to configure my controller etc . But then I had a really good day mining, making 56k and all that was forgotten. I’m hoping to enjoy SC for years to come!

1 Like

@HI @Yogi1Kanobee Welcome to the org.

I encourage you not to give up on bugs, it can be frustrating sometimes, but in the end, it will all be worth it.

What controller are you using?

I learned to live with the bugs, google an youtube helps a lot!

I started out with mouse and keyboard, but it wasn’t very good, so I invested in a Warthog.

@Yogi1Kanobee, there is actually an official ADI mapping for the Warthog, if you want I can provide it for you. It is always changing as they add new functions to the game, but It might give you a good foundation to build your own key binding.

OMG, that would be great. I’ve got mine working, pretty much basic, using Joystick Gremlin, but the are a few things I have not figured out yet. Does yours use Target?

Hey there Yogi. Welcome to Star Citizen, and glad you found us. Just saw you were in our Lobby, but missed ya before you scooted out. Maybe catch you next time.

Ah, sorry, I’ll try again a bit later. :grinning:

Welcome to the ORG @Yogi1Kanobee! Yes there can be many bugs when a game is sill in its alpha stage. That said, at this point we are mainly serving as testers for the developers. But we also get to garner knowledge for when the game goes live. Sounds like you really enjoyed the mining experience, Will you be joining under that division?

Thank you.

I’m not too worried by the bugs, now I know how to work around them.

I do enjoy the mining. I have a Prospector, which did have a Helix laser before the wipe. I thought it would be a good way to learn how best to control a ship whilst keep out of the way and making money at the same time. I started doing box runs just to see more of the Verse, but I’m going back to mining to save up for upgrades. I don’t really know how the divisions work yet.

No problem. There is a Mining and Salvage meeting today at 2:00pm Central US time. so I think that’s 8 PM your time. Also did you get a chance to be fully processed in Mumble?

Welcome to the Org, yes it can be buggy but still very enjoyable. I’m sure someone on mumble will have a workaround or fix for a bug as you find them.

Wleocme to the ORG,
As you say SC is still very much in developement,
but things are constantly being added and improved.
we hold operations which is a really good way to gain experience in-game and grerat fun in a group.
Don’t be shy and get stuck in.
Hope to see you around

Not yet. I popped in a couple of times today. I think that I’ll try again tomorrow when there will be fewer interruptions!

I felt certain that it would be worth persevering. I think the concept and game is fantastic! Last week I upgraded my starter ship for a Cutlass Black and I love it!

1 Like

I can see that I’m going to have to get used to Mumble. :wink:

Welcome Yogi1Kanobee! I love the name BTW! That was an awesome haul from your mining run. I’m a mining fan as well. Hit me up when your online and lets make some moooola!

@Yogi1Kanobee Welcome to ADI!
If you need help, just pop into mumble or discord and you will meet many helpful members that can help with a lot of things. See you in the Verse!

@Yogi1Kanobee welcome to ADI, glad to have another european on board. The more the better!

Catch you on mumble!

Welcome to ADI Yogi1Kanobee, good to have you with us. If you need any help learning the game feel free to ask. I hope to be flying with you soon, so see you in the verse!
Nate.

Welcome to ADI, SC can be a big learning curve but you made a great decision to joy us. Alot of use started in you position and learning from people and asking question saves a ton of time. I fly most evenings central US and am always down to fly.