Introduction: VanCamp (VCamp)

Hi,
I’m a brand new pilot - Still learning my ways around my ship. Luckily I have two good friends here in the ADI whois helping me already. SirToadie and Pheonix Lucror.
I’ve been talking to them and AD Lacoste, about the ADI, and it sounded like a great place to be, so that’s why I signing up.

A little about me:
Age 39 - Live in Denmark, former Infantry sergeant with the army (Too many years of service), now I work as an emergency nurse (So if you have any medical questions, hit me up. All my friends and family does that anyways. Everything from small cuts to chlamydia to future operations - Don’t worry, patient-nurse confidentiality. I won’t tell the organization about it :slight_smile: )
Besides that I live with my fiancee and our 5 y/o labrador, named Abby.

Whenever I have time I also game some conan, ArmA 3 and The Division 2. So if anyone needs another soldier from time to time, I’m up for it.

Anyways that’s a bit about me - Also I’m a terrible pilot so far. I managed to hit everything at my first takeoff… (All I had to do was fly UP! Apparently “C” moves you forward).
At least I landed without hitting anything :slight_smile:

Best regards,
VanCamp

1 Like

Hi VanCamp,

It was great showing you all the new improvements that have been made in Star Citizen since last you checked it out. I had a blast flying with you and explaining how the Mining mechanics etc. works.

I’m looking forward to showing you the rest of the verse together with SirToadie :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to ADI!
Its the best nonfunctional game in the world! And we love this game anyway =)
Hope to see you in the verse soon =)

1 Like

Welcome to ADI Vcamp, and thank you for your service. I look forward to running ops with you.

1 Like

Welcome to ADI. haha Been there when first learning to take off too. Miss the old tutorial with the Gladius. Look forward to see you around.

1 Like

Hello Vcamp! If your buddies are not on and you need a wing man feel free to hit me up!

1 Like

Vancamp, great intro and welcome. It’s good to fly with freinds and I wish you all good times in space. See you on future ops, check out the forums and sign up for what interests you.

Hi vcamp, you said you hit nothing on the landing… I hope you eventually hit the landing pad :joy:
There’s been times I haven’t, at least not the right way up.
Welcome to ADI!

Hello Vancamp, many of us have smashed into things by accidentally activating cruise control - or wondering why the ship won’t move at all, because the cruise is accidentally on but set to a speed of 0 :slight_smile: . Not that I’ve ever done that. Wouldn’t have caused me to log out and reset the game because I thought the ship was bugged. Nope, wasn’t me. See you in the 'verse!

Welcome to ADI Vcamp! Hah, I had the same experience with my first takeoff-lost an engine, sparks everywhere :joy: Hope to see you in Mumble sometime!

Welcome to ADI! First flight is always a fun time, as you start to figure out how everything works. Lots of good teachers here, so I’m sure we can turn you into a great pilot in no time. See you in the verse!

Hi Vcamp, Welcome to ADI, glad you joined us. I love Division 2, maybe we can play together sometime. SC is a great game. I have been enjoying this for a few years now and enjoy seeing all the new updates that come down the pipe. Hope to see you in the verse.

Welcome to ADI, VCamp! Its really good to hear stories of other people’s beginnings. I’m sure you will be a more-than-capable pilot before long! If you need anything, dont hesitate to shoot me a message! See ya around!

Warm welcome mate,
been looking forward to showing you the new stuff for a long while :slight_smile:

Welcome to the Org Vcamp and no worries here about being new to the game. We all started there and when CIG decides to grace us with new game mechanics or tinkers with old ones we’re to relearn. We actively encourage new arrivals to ask questions in discord, mumble, or here in the forums if you need help or backup in the game itself. Congrats on the Fiance as well!

Haha great intro Vcamp! Hit me up in game if you wanna roll. Welcome!