Introduction - ScorchMarks

Hello! I’ve been playing SC for around about 1 year now and I didn’t even know about Orgs until a few weeks ago. I first learned about SC a long time ago from a guy on YouTube called Scott Manley.

I mostly play RPGs, but I also play a lot of Rainbow Six: Siege and anything Star Wars.

My current favorite ship is the Constellation, but I haven’t actually seen very many ships sooo…

2 Likes

Well, glad to see you finally joined ADI, buddy. I’m sure there are plenty of people here that would let you take a look around their ships, or let you fly em.

See you in the verse,
Shruikan91

Hi ScorchMarks. I was playing R6S before turning to this too. I used to long to play tactically but my friends weren’t as committed so it lead to a lot of frustration. We had a session within ADI on saturday and it was great to test the potential for future fps within the game. The hitboxes are really awful atm and grenades seem to disapear in to the ground (thankfully) but once these issues are ironed out it’s going to be amazing. There’s a Marnie basic training session that’s just been advertised for Wednesday so sign up and get involved! Welcome to ADI.

Welcome to ADI, ScorchMarks! I follow Scott Manley as well. What RPGs did you play? I look forward to running with you in the 'Verse!

Welcome to ADI! Constellation is a cool ship. Needs some love, it is one of the oldest ships in the game and it doesn’t work as well as some of the newest designs. (mostly bug issues, and some design aspects make it less then ideal sometimes) However, it is going to be one of the most iconic ships you will see flying around so enjoy it :slight_smile: And if you ever want to check out any others, just ask and someone who has what you want to see will be more than happy to spawn it and let you take it for a spin. See you in the verse!

Hi ScorchMarks, we are very glad to have you with us. You have joined an amazing organization and between all of us we could probably answer any question you have about Star Citizen, so never hesitate to ask if you need help with something or have a question about the game.

Welcome to ADI, Scorch, if you have any questions or need any help please don’t hesitate to ask, we’re always glad to help. Looking forward to flying with you in The Verse!

Hello Scorch, welcome to ADI. You’ll get to see most ships that are available in game atm, in this ORG. Members are always happy to let you try a ship out or even do a popup ORG shipshow. Looking forward to flying with you soon.

I was hoping my “skills” would transfer, but different map design and movement systems, as well as bugs mean I’m probably not as good as I’d like to be in FPS. I’ll check those out!

1 Like

I don’t even know when or why I started watching Scott, probably KSP. I really liked Shadow of Mordor and Shadow of War, but I mostly play Skyrim/Fallout 4 and now Baldur’s Gate 3 and Cyberpunk. And XCOM 2, but that isn’t really a RPG, lol.

Yeah, the biggest issues I’ve had with it were 1. passengers dying if QTing too near a planet(though that may not be Connie-specific) 2. Turrets bugging out and kicking people out of the ship 3. The doors! Open, please, I need to fly the ship. Please open. What about now? Will you open if I do this?

I’ve also heard about shield holes, but idk about any of that

And thanks to the rest of you! I’ll definitely take advantage of your amazing community to take a look at other ships, lol.

o7
(I think I did that right)

Welcome to ADI ScorchMarks. I’m glad you joined the team. I look forward to running into you.

Crouch and is in the wrong place by default. It’s like they’ve done it on purpose :grin: if you’re used to r6s you’ll see what I mean…

Welcome aboard ScorchMarks, I look forward to meeting you in the verse

Cool. I’ve just recently gotten KSP but haven’t started it yet; maybe waiting for KSP 2. I did WoW for a long time, and a little Skyrim. Feel free to ping me in the 'Verse if you want to do something. Clear Space!

Hey there Scorch, Welcome to ADI ! The Conne is a great ship especially with the recent improvements and i am sure future improvements. Hopefully i can catch you in game soon and we can get together and do something fun see you then !