Introduction-Gamer_N8

Hi All, my name’s Nathan (prefer Nate) and I enjoy casual gaming across PC and PS5, mostly in Strategy/RPG/City Builders etc. Generally not a lover of FPS but I’ve played a few before.

IRL I’m 39, from South Australia and I make a living as a production operator filling pressurised and liquid gases for BOC. I generally fill Medical Oxygen and other air gases (Nitrogen/Argon/CO2) and occasionally repair cylinders and build multi-cylinder packs. I also have a history in the warehousing and road transport industry having worked for DHL for over seven years in roles ranging from storeman/forklift operator to freight/fleet coordinator. That being said, I would NEVER work in transport logistics again haha.

Now to the important stuff!

I’m a returning Star Citizen player with a previous love/hate relationship of the game. Began playing back in 2021 with an Avenger Titan as my starter. Ran a few bounty missions and decided that wasn’t the path for me. Upgraded my pledge to a MISC Prospector within a week or two which I used to solo mine surface quantanium. The thrill of filling my ship with unstable material and making a quick dash to a refinery to offload was super fun. Except for when it went boom due to landing pad bugs. I made a bucket load of UEC doing this until all the mining changes came in. I got frustrated and having to start fresh each wipe bummed me out so I put the game down.

Built myself a new rig during COVID that could handle the game so much better so I re-installed. Logged in and it was just before a fresh wipe was due so avoided playing. Other games came out that took my attention up until last week when I thought I’d jump in and see what was new with the game. The game runs soo much better than it did previously, I wasn’t falling through floors or blowing up in my ship randomly haha.

After trying my hand at ship mining again I realized it just wasn’t worth my time anymore. I’d spent hours searching for clusters of rocks to mine on surface and in belts only to have them be unscannable or unbreakable. The drop in quantanium rock spawns and the time spent finding and mining even tier1 ores just wasn’t profitable or fun for me. I noticed salvaging was now a thing in game so determined to keep playing I upgraded my Prospector to a Vulture. Watched a few you tube videos on vulture salvage for tips and tricks and happy to say I am really enjoying it.

Hull scraping can get a little boring but with music in the background it’s kinda relaxing. I do wish the vulture was capable of carrying a little more cargo and crushing slightly larger ships than it currently can but I find it fun to fly/use. Scraping the hull of a C2 over a couple of trips and hauling RMC to a TDD for big profit is great. Just a shame I can’t grab the cargo from the C2 in the vulture cos damn some of that stuff is worth a small fortune. My goal with the Vulture is to make enough UEC to get myself a Reclaimer. $15million feels like it will take aaaaages in the Vulture when a full 36SCU load of RMC brings in just over $450K lol. The time it takes to get that much scraping done is crazy too sooo, I am kinda thinking of reclaiming my pledge and getting an SRV to do the $250K personal salvage missions towing hammerheads.

So, in case it wasn’t obvious, I’m an in game salvager with dreams of making it big haha. Also hoping there will someday be a salvage ship that fits somewhere between the Vulture and the Reclaimer that’s capable of carrying more cargo and crushing larger ships. Would definitely be a market for it cos damn that big boys price tag is crazy! In game and out. I want one soo bad but yeah I just can’t justify $370AUD to upgrade my pledge to the reclaimer lol.

Anyway, that’s my rambling intro over with. If you see me online say Hi! I’m happy to join up in game sometime, happy to help where I can and always keen to take on board any tips and tricks.

Welcome to ADI @Gamer_N8
Great to see another Salvager on board, it is something I love to do myself as a pastime in SC.
As I always say, you might as well earn the big boy ships in-game as the running costs when SC becomes a reality will be through the roof, plus the feeling of earning such a ship from something you enjoy will be much nicer than splashing out the cash.
Hope to see you in the verse!

1 Like

Welcome! There always seems to be someone in Mumble salvaging. Hope to see you in the Verse!

1 Like

Welcome to ADI! I’m more of a miner myself, but I enjoy salvaging every once in a while too for something different! If you’re looking to get into mining, or need someone to hop into a reclaimer let me know! Looking forward to seeing you in the verse!

1 Like

Welcome to ADI Gamer_N8. I understand your feelings well. One of my favourite ships is the Avenger Titan and I ran a Prospector as soon as it came out. I like the Vulture and know exactly what you mean about it feeling relaxing, limited by its cargo grid. But then I took out the Reclaimer for the first time. I’d had it in my fleet since before Salvage came into the game so it was pretty cool to come back after a break to being able to use it. Since then, I’m afraid I haven’t touched my Vulture- too much fun raking in the big money with the Reclaimer. I haven’t tried the SRV yet. I’ll probably wait until we have a self-cert for it unless otherwise pushed in using it. Anyways, I look forward to seeing you in org ops. M

1 Like

Welcome to ADI, Gamer_N8! Many of us have been on similar rollercoasters with playtime for SC. It definitely helps to have a great group of people to hang out with, like ADI! See you in the game!

1 Like

Welcome to ADI, glad to have you here :slight_smile: hope to se you in the verse someday.

1 Like

Welcome to adi! Look forward to seeing you in the verse and running with you in the future!

1 Like

Hey there! That’s some awesome logistical experience you got there my man!

I’ve wanted to get into some in game mining and scrapping myself, just hard to get time these days when a 2 hour session can turn in to 5 hours real quick!

Looking forward to seeing you in the verse!

1 Like

Hello @Gamer_N8 and welsome to ADI. Looks like I know who to call when I need something salvaged HAHA :smile: If you need any help or questions feel free to reach out, hope to see you in the verse!!

1 Like

Greetings N8,

Welcome to ADI!

Loved reading your writing up - you could have been a writer instead of working in logistics lol - it was a very good read. But yes, salvaging is a ton of fun - I am more of trading guy myself to make my space dollars but it does get a little bit boring once you get the hang of it. Better with friends!

Looking forward to seeing you in the verse.

Cheers

Welcome to ADI and we are happy to have you here! You will fit right in with most of our members who also love logistics. I am not one of them myself but they definitely are one of the lifebloods of our org. I cant wait to see you in the Verse!