Introduction - Firelance

Greetings ADI! I’m a longtime backer of Star Citizen, and I’m looking to join a good organization to make my stay in the 'verse the best one possible, and I was referred to you guys by a friend of mine. I’d be looking for primarily starship combat roles, either in a fighter or something bigger, but I’m happy to pitch in wherever needed. Looking forward to meeting you all!

2 Likes

Welcome to the party, Firelance! ADI needs competent and motivated combat pilots. Looking forward to flying with you!

1 Like

Welcome to ADI @Firelance!

Glad to see another combat pilot coming on board.

What is your favourite fighter?

Unless it is super late where you are you look to be in/near my time zone. =D :crossed_fingers:

I think the Vanguard is probably my favorite. I tend towards heavy fighters and bombers, stuff with some armor and punch. I’m short a HOTAS at the moment, so I can’t get the cert just yet, but that’s definitely planned for me. In the meantime, I’ll be going Capital Ship Pilot.

I’m in Hawaii, so it’s not super late. How about you?

Sweet, I am kinda the other way, my favourite is the Arrow but been flying the Gladius for the event and the Hornet for flying boxes training.

I am in Australia. So 3 hour time difference, I should be able catch you online during the week some time.

Hi Fire Lance, welcome to ADI!
There’s loads of dogfighting in the verse atm so I’m sure you’ll have loads of fun.

@Firelance, welcome to ADI. What HOTAS are you planning on going with?

Hello Firelance, You selected a great organization for improving your combat skills. Look forward to flying with you.

welcome aboard! see ya around space cowboy!

Welcome to ADI, Fighter jocks always welcome! Look forward to flying with you!

Welcome to ADI @Firelance! You can do most things you would like to do here, some have conditions prior to doing them but just talk to your CoC and they’ll be able to tell you what you need or where to go! Lots of discussion had here, discord, and mumble as well. Hope to see you in the verse!

Welcome to ADI! I’m pretty sure we never have enough pilot’s :slight_smile: I wish you the best of luck in getting a HOTAS, they have been hard to come by since MS 2020 came out. Keep your eyes peeled, and eventually you can snag one. See you in the verse!

Welcome to ADI! if your looking for combat role, Fleet Security has got you covered. We welcome all pilots, and as a fellow combat pilot myself, i can’t wait to fly side by side with you in battle!

Welcome @Firelance!

Glad to have you in ADI. Hope to travel with you in the 'verse.

“I think the Vanguard is probably my favorite. I tend towards heavy fighters and bombers, stuff with some armor and punch.”

I agree… The Vanguard series, and heavier single-pilot ships in general, are my favourite. Though some people have the (bad ;p) opinion that the Vanguard isn’t any good! Pshh I say! PSHH!

1 Like

Welcome to ADI Firelance. Is your friend a member of ADI? I hope you join us in ADI’s mission ops.

Wow, thank you all for the warm welcome! I really appreciate it.

@Llydon I’m hoping to get an X56 once they’re back in stock. I’ve used Saitek HOTAS setups for a while, so they’re old friends for me

@JaceEthaniel Another man of great taste I see :slight_smile: I just love the massive forward firepower and missile payload. Especially if you jury rig a S5 gun to the chin mount! I definitely think my Vanguard is going to be a frequent companion in the wider verse

@Mesachie He is! It is @DFSViper. In addition to telling me about ADI, he’s also the guilty party for introducing me to Star Citizen, many years ago. In any case, I definitely plan to participate in ops as my schedule allows. Hopefully sooner rather than later, but reality is often a cruel mistress lol

I like how the Vanguards are a crewed ship, but you can still fly it solo. It isn’t so big that it is hard to fly solo, but not so small that a fleck of paint would disable it. :stuck_out_tongue: