Introduction FateOfCosmos

I’m 29, work from home handling VoIP Networking Infrastructure for a large bank. I dabble in professional Display fireworks for cities and towns near me and have been playing drums for 23 years. I initially bought the $45 Star Citizen pack back in 2012 on Kickstarter when we just had JPEGs “lol” and then checked out the hangers and haven’t logged in in over 10 years until a few weeks ago. I’m now a proud owner of a Constellation Andromeda and a Hornet F7C MKII “soon to be F7A”, I also have in game bought ships, C2, Hull C, Scythe, and some other ships I rarely use. We were looking for quality over quantity for a group to chill with and call home. I have VKB Gladiator sticks with SEM side modules and enjoy dog-fighting in my Hornet F7C MKII or providing strike group response and coordinated attacks.

2 Likes

Glad to have you with us Cosmo! Nice to see another drummer aboard! Although it’s been a few years since I last hit the skins! CYA round the Verse Bro!

Welcome to ADI!

Welcome to ADI Cosmos! If you’re looking for quality over quantity you’ll find out soon that you’re definitely in the right place here. See you in space o/

Welcome to the org, @FateOfCosmos! It’s a great time to jump back into SC. Plenty of features and gameplay loops, and the servers are a lot more stable than past iterations.

Check out the calendar on the site here and drop by the Discord to get to know the regulars when you have the time. There’s usually a group or two getting together to play most nights, and anyone is welcome to jump in, so don’t be shy!

Welcome @FateOfCosmos! You already have a variety of ships available–that’s awesome! It seems like you already have an idea of what you’re looking forward to offering to the org. Those skills will gladly be welcomed when the org is on both the offensive and defensive during missions.

If you need anything, let me know! See you in the verse.

-Sirenn

Welcome to ADI @FateOfCosmos! I have the VKB Space Evo sticks as well. Haven’t gotten any SEM modules, but have been thinking about getting them. How do you like them? Do they work well and have you had any trouble mapping them?

Hope to see you in the verse!

1 Like

I have 1 SEM module on the right side of my right stick, it currently controls, Quantum aspects, Landing gear, Doors open/close and locking, all Docking procedures, Lights, Landing Request, VTOL, ESP backup, Ship Power, Engines, Weapons power, Shield power “power on/off” but will be binding some mid combat button to mirror a few of these on the side module.

You take the base of the stick and module off and run a 4pin to 3pin cable from the module to the stick base and screw in the new double sided anchor points to lock it in place, super solid without needing an additional mount, the module is picked up through the right stick as it’s own device and can be easily mapped as if it was a standalone product.

Welcome to ADI. I’m looking forward to getting into a comprehensive VKB setup myself sometime soon. I like buttons and switches.

1 Like

Welcome to ADI Fate"OC"!

Are you subtly letting us know that you have a hole burning in your pocket for this upcoming ILW? :smile:

-LV

Very Awesome! I was looking for a couple more buttons, so I will definitely look at getting an SEM. I love my VKB sticks because they feel like a huge upgrade from my X56, but I really miss all of extra the buttons and switches on the X56 throttle.

Welcome to ADI Cosmos!

Great intro - Looking forward to seeing you in the Verse!

Professional Display firework, Drums, Networking… wow… welcome to ADi. Put up a firworks display for us man. o7

1 Like