Introduction: CoDuck

Hi there, my name is Jürgen, 54. But for Umlaut’s sake y’all can stick with CoDuck (deriving from Kodak as I enjoy photography as a hobby.) I am new to Star Citizen but have followed the topic for a while now.

I started MMORPG’s with Earth2025, a browser text/round based sim-game. EVE Online was a time sink for quite a while, my character’s name is on the monument in Reykjavík, but I could not find an organization that suited me. I also did spent quite some time in a clan “for the elderly” in Germany, rushing my way through Battlefield (Everything but not BF:1). Still play BF:V although my KD sucks.

So, here I am. I have to sort out some graphic card problems, as the game is unplayable for me atm. But I found the NVIDIA instructions and will re-install/reconfigure my driver on Wednesday.

Cheers and hoping to ride with you all soon.
CoDuck

1 Like

Great to have you in the org Jürgen! Altough I’ve never played EVE, I can assure you that SC will easily be able to take up as much time in the future. If development ever gets that far that is. But here’s to hoping ^^

1 Like

Welcome to the ORG CoDuck,
Hope you get all your issues sorted.
see you around, be sure to let any of your querys

1 Like

Hi CoDuck, Welcome to ADI and Star Citizen. There is a steep learning curve to the game, so if you need any help just ask in mumble or discord. Hope to see you is the verse.

1 Like

Welcome to ADI Coduck. I’m glad you joined the team. I look forward to crossing paths with you. In what Division are you settled?

1 Like

No idea :face_with_hand_over_mouth: ask me again in a few days…

Hello Jürgen, Welcome on the flight deck then. Or shall I say Moin, Moin…? Getting used to Star Citizen always requires some patience, even if you are registered user since several years. With each patch and each new game mechanic you have to tune your system again, at least sometimes. But anyway, good to have you in the team and feel free to shout over…

Thorsten

1 Like

@CoDuck glad to have you in the org. You will fit in just fine with the age group. You mentioned a text based sim and for some reason I had flashbacks to the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy on the good old Tandy, brought back some memories. What are you flying and what type of gameplay are you interested in?

1 Like

Welcome @CoDuck, photography is a noble hobby, and never let anyone tell you otherwise. I also love some FPS games, but my KD also sucks, so don’t feel bad lol. I wish you godspeed with your GPU issues, I know all too well what a pain that can be. Hopefully we can get you onboarded and up to speed in no time on Wednesday. Best of luck, and hope to catch you on Mumble in the near future.

1 Like

Just have the basic starter package with unlimited insurance. No idea what’s it going to be here.

In EveOnline I was mostly part of the support team (repair-ships, armor-support) plus engaged in exploration with the occasional bad-guy team-hunting. (Slowing down enemies and target-painting them was my job in very small, very fast ships to avoid being hit)

[Edit] For some reasons I now have the Anvil C8X Pisces Expedition instead of the Aurora MR. No idea how this happened, lol.

Welcome CoDuck,

hopefully the technical side of things works out and you can leap into the Universe and start exploring all that Star Citizen has to offer! Welcome to Atlas Defense Industries!

1 Like

It should, I checked the specs and I should be able to run on “High” and 1920px

Yep! That definitely looks like a solid rating there Coduck and congrats! Having to save up to upgrade my own PC sometime in the near future before this goes live lol

Distant weeping of my wallet

1 Like

ya there are so many paths that arent even implemented yet it is hard to say this early in the game what you will focus on. I will probably be leaning more to the industrial salvage and mining route.

1 Like

@CoDuck Welcome to ADI and the Verse. Love the play on words for you Handle. If you have technical questions don’t hesitate to throw questions in to the tech talk channel in discord, there are plenty of knowledgeable folks there who can help if needed. See you in the Verse.

1 Like

Thank you, will do. My rig is 2 years old and still doing well but the graphic card wasn’t chosen for gaming. So over the holidays I will upgrade it with a ZOTAC GeForce RTX™ 2070. Let’s see how that goes.

Welcome to ADI CoDuck,

Many of the org members work in IT and have a wealth of experience with hardware troubleshooting so feel free to tap us on the shoulder if you run into any issues with once you get your new card, we’ll be happy to lend any hand we can to getting your starfighter wings up and running. Speaking of text based browser games, that reminds me of AI Dungeon 2, where there is an actual artificial intelligence algorithm playing dungeon master. The results were… pretty hilarious.

It’s always good to see EVEer’s come into ADI as there are many parallels between EVE and Star Citizen when it comes to strategy.

1 Like