Hi from Blackarrow

I am a 58 year old Royal Air Force (UK) veteran.

My background is mainly flight sims, although I used to play Elite (wire frame graphics), Freelancer (which was I wanted Elite to be) I tried other space type games but none caught my imagination. I tried Elite Dangerous, the game had no atmosphere (maybe because it was in space :laughing: ) and the game did not pan out to be what it was hyped up to be.

Now Star Citizen seems to be what I wanted Elite Dangerous to be, it has real feeling of life about it . I am interest in the Exploration & Survey division and the Mining and Salvage division.

I still need to learn all the controls and how the whole universe works, but Star Citizen has the makings of a stunning game

Blackarrow, welcome! You sound like youā€™re going to be having a lot of fun with Star Citizen. I know exactly what youā€™re talking about with Elite. Star Citizen has just got that ā€œitā€ feel. Make sure you join the Mumble when youā€™re ready so you can meet some of the other members.

Hey Blackarrow,
Welcome to ADI, Iā€™m glad youā€™re here. I am also interested in the Exploration and Resource acquisition as well. Join in on our mumble and discord servers and get to know other members. Thanks for your service and see you out thereā€¦

Hahaha! Nice one! Welcome to ADI BlackArrow!

Hello Blackarrow

Welcome to ADI.
I played a lot with Freelancer but did not play so much with Elite dangerous. ED is still on PC but since few months not played.
If you have any questions about the divisions you re interested in or anything else, feel free to ask and meet us in our comm tools.

See you around the verse

Welcome Blackarrow01

thanks for your interest in ADI! Sorry to hear that ED didnā€™t pan out for you, but thatā€™s not uncommon to what I hear. I didnā€™t get the opportunity to play ED, but Iā€™m extremely impressed with SC and and am hopeful in the same way you are about the RL experience we can get out of it.

I also appreciate your service to the military, although Iā€™m US Air Force, weā€™re still NATO/allied brother-in-arms. :wink: Anyway, glad to see you have an idea of where youā€™re wanting to go division wise. Be sure to take some time to get settled in, and continue to hop on Mumble in order to become a little more familiarized with some of the many members we haveā€¦doing this will help you on in the long run, especially with us moving closer and closer to the SC 3.0 release. In the meantime, be sure to check out and hang out in some of the more active games such as ARK, ARMA, PUBG and or BF1 :smiley: while we push towards the release of 3.0. We do host a Friday night flight night for Star Citizen (EU and US times respectively, but youā€™re more than welcome to join up with both) to help you practice your flying skills and get to learning those controls you mentioned :smiley:

Be sure to let us know if you have any questions, and once again welcome to the ADI family!

Happy to hear you chose Star Citizen over Elite Dangerous although i bet now that you think about it its a no brainer i personally have never touched the game because i had star citizen and the ships are too SYFY for my liking i much prefer the SC designs makes for a prettier more immersive game if you ask me cant wait to see you in the verse im sure we will have lots of fun once 3.0 hits! :slight_smile:

Welcome to ADI. Look forward to bumping into you while exploring, whenever that becomes a thing.

Hello Blackarrow,

It sounds like you have a long career of service behind you. Good on you for that! Iā€™m sure youā€™ve got a few great stories from all those experiences. Thatā€™s awesome too that youā€™re into space sims. Obviously a lot of people around here are the same way. Iā€™m looking forward to seeing you online sometime to get to know you better. All the best to you