Herkydude Introduction

Hello!
Brand spanking new to Star Citizen.
Very old gamer! First space games were the Wing Commander series and X-Wing/Tie-Fighter… yes I am that old! (64, but I tell everyone I am sexy-four! Wife may disagree…! :crazy_face:)

10 years flying C-130 Hercules back in the 80’s!

Looking forward all kinds of learning, shenanigans, and fun!

Oh, first PC ever was a 386SX… 4 megabytes memory and it was the shizzle back then! :grin:

Welcome @Herkydude to ADI! I was an X-Wing/Tie-Fighter player too! I still break it out once in a while when I’m feeling nostalgic :slight_smile: You’ve found an org full of fantastic folks here at ADI (if I do say so myself), so I’m confident you’ll find everything you’re looking for! Looking forward to seeing you in Mumble and in the verse!

Welcome to ADI Herkydude and thank you for your service. I look forward to org ops with you.

Hey @Herkydude and welcome to ADI, 100% agree with Jay, you should find what you are looking for here in ADI. We have some amazing people to learn and experience with, hop in to mumble and join a group. Hope to see you in the verse!! Reach out if you have any questions!!

Welcome aboard! Hopefully we can meet up in the Verse! Let me know if I can help you get settled into the game!

Welcome aboard, @Herkydude !

Just some day 1 advice:
Try to stay on Mumble & Discord often so you find your rhythm playing with us AND so you don’t miss out on activities!

:smile:

Welcome to ADI. Glad to have you here!!! I look forward to flying with you. Idk if you heard about this but there is a company currently working on putting the C-130 in DCS. I have a friend that is currently beta testing it and says that it is spot on.

Welcome to ADI! We got a good grouo of people and i think youll like ut here. Look forward to seeing you in the verse and talking with you!

Herkydude,

Old… nah just experienced :slight_smile:

10 years of experience flying can definitely help us out once the new navigation is implemented and weather starts effecting our game play.

Think you may become one of our most valuable flight leads :slight_smile:

Welcome @Herkydude,

I remembering playing x-wing as a kid - loved it! I am also an IRL pilot - I flew the C130J for 4 years! Great to have another dirty transport pilot with us - even if its an H pilot :smiley:

Looking forward to swapping stories.

Cheers

We used to tease the fighter pilot when they called us Trash Haulers… the only trash we ever hauled was dead fighter pilots in body bags!! LOL! Those were the days!

1 Like

Welcome aboard! I also remember playing the old school 64 space games. I am not quite up on the calender as yourself but those were my childhood games. I look forward to seeing you in the Verse!