Hello from Sikayn

Hello.

Greetings all, I am Sikayn…what do you want to know about me.

Personal life, I am mid 40’s I have a common-law wife, no kids, but we do have a dog. I work as a geek for hire (IT Consultant). most of my career has been focused on Collaboration (IP PBX’s, Video Conferencing, and associated network infrastructure), but I am transitioning roles a bit taking a larger focus now on data Centre infrastructure and automation. I am Canadian, I curl, I love football (CFL and NFL, not soccer)…I am currently in CST timezone but in an area that does not do DST…

General Gamer History… I like games, I play games although not as much as I used too…I could write a small essay here but I’ll leave it at that

Star Citizen History: I am brand spanking new. I setup my account in 2016, I have been interested in the game for a long time, but didn’t actually start until a couple weeks ago. I flew for a day earlier this year(or maybe it was last year) during a free fly event. and then near the stat of IAE I flew again and pledged in with my shiny new Cutter (ok fine it’s not very shiny)

How I spend my time in SC: right mostly I fly into walls, planets, moons, and blow myself up while watching streamers and not paying enough attention to what I’m doing…I played Eve for a while, I play Elite Dangerous on and off and I always fall into the mining aspect of the game, I just find it relaxing, I expect SC will be the same. Right now I am new I have a little 300K aUEC to my name, so I am doing random missions (mostly delivery and bunkers) to earn some bank, and learn my way around. I am trying to earn my way into a mining ship, but given the upcoming wipe I’m not grinding on that super hard, instead focusing on learning how get around so that once 3.18 hits I know what I am doing and can push my way through

My next adventure is I want to figure out how to do some cave missions and hand mining, attempt one I got lost and confused, but will dig into that next. I tried space combat bounty once, it went badly, I need to learn controls (I couldn;t figure out how to target haha), I am putting that on hold for now though, I have a new stick coming (will be HOSAS with 2 VKB’s…right now I have 1 VKB and 1 Thrustmaster) once that arrives I’ll redo bindings and learn how to fly better…

anyways that’s enough if you are still reading I’m shocked :wink:

2 Likes

Welcome to ADI ! :slightly_smiling_face:

welcome to the insane asylum! we all have a little crazy inside us… some of us have big crazy… looks at his hanger medium crazy here…

Sikayn,

Welcome in. I had an awesome time chatting with you this morning. And look forward to mining with you in the future!

Get in with a bunker or mining group helps the learning curve a bunch.

Welcome to ADI, happy to have you here. We are almost always doing something in mumble. Hop in and join us, it’ll definitely help you learn the game!

Hey, welcom :wink:
I love doing caves and will gladly do some together.

Thank you for the welcomes :slight_smile:

Welcome to ADI! Check out jobs and training events. We could put those VKB’s to use in a fighter :grin:

I will check those out for sure, while combat fighting is unlikely to become something I do as a primary focus, it is something I want to get proficient at. second VKB was originally scheduled for Friday delivery but didn;t make it, so hoping it will be here Monday or early this week at least, once it is I’ll start figuring out how I want to do key bindings…maybe start doing some prep work/planning today

1 Like