GungnirSpear Introduction

Handle: GungnirSpear

Hello ADI,

New citizen of the 'verse looking for a good group of people to explore the stars with. RL friend of Noromus, who recommended I apply.

Being so new I’m highly interested in exploring all aspects of SC, from commerce to combat, before I make any definitive statements concerning my main area of focus. With that said, based on 30+ years of wide and varied gaming experience, I expect it will lean towards mercenary-style work. Running security details, completing bounties, fleet defense, etc. This is especially appealing to me in SC due its groundbreaking design of seamless transitioning between vehicle transportation and avatar control. It elicits all sorts of unique tactics and emergent situations not possible in other titles. Imagining things like a small, stealthy drop ship darting close to a large frigate while it’s engaged and distracted to allow a precision strike squad to leap from its open cargo door and float in zero-G to a hatch on the frigate’s hull where they will attempt to infiltrate the ship and destroy critical systems gets me all worked up.

Despite whether or not such a strategy is tactically sound, just knowing it’s actually possible to perform is incredible and exciting to me.

Anyway, I’m a mid-30’s husband and father of three. I’ve got a lot of years of gaming under my belt, including a healthy portion of MMO/group-centric gaming. Former Naval Aircrewman/Aviation Electrician (6 years served).

Appreciate you considering my application. Thanks for reading and hoping to meet some of you IG soon. Cheers.

Edit: I’m about to log for the evening and get some sleep so I won’t be hopping on Mumble right away. I do have it setup and plan on joining the server tomorrow when I log back on. Hope this is acceptable.

1 Like

Hey Spear!
Welcome and thanks for signing up with us. It’s no problem at all, hop on when you can and we’ll get you started. Your excitement for SC is infectious, and I genuinely look forward to gaming with you in the future. If you see me in a channel, feel free to pop in and chat or say hi any time.

1 Like

Welcome GungnirSpear! Glad to have you with us here at ADI, you picked the right org to call home with active and experienced members to enjoy the Verse. Hope to fly with you soon!

1 Like

@GungnirSpear glad to have you aboard. Get into mumble when you can. You will find that the org is made up of mature players, we are all in to help each other out and have a good time doing it.

1 Like

Welcome to ADI GungnirSpear! Your reasons for deciding to come on into this Verse mirror mine: the possibilities with seamless combat, exploration and interaction with this world are just mind blowing, Cloud Imperium is creating something that nobody has ever done before, especially to this scale and fidelity.

Also, it’s great to get more Blue and Gold blood into the Org, I’m a current EDO in the Reserves myself with NAVSEA, hopefully will be an IWO as well by next year assuming the required Active schools open some slots for me to jump in this FY lol. You’ll find lots of former (and current) military in ADI and we organize and run the Org in a manner you’ll be quite familiar with, just based a lot more on fun! A lot of us have families on the homefront too so we take Rule 3 (Real Life Comes First) in the Org seriously so don’t feel any pressure to “log in and participate” as a new member, just play whatever your schedule allows.

However, do try your best to log in each day during the impending Anniversary Sale in a few days when essentially every ship is on sale, whether implemented, in development or purely still a concept… it’s only once a year so you’ve definitely joined at an opportune moment! Go see the ships in the Exposition over in Area 18 on ArcCorp each day and ask any questions you have to any of us in Discord, we’ll be happy to help you start picking ships for your hangar, some of us have a dozen ships or more and any of us will be happy to call one up for you to have fun with if you’d like.

See you in the Verse!

1 Like

Hello Gungnir, welcome in the team and see you in the verse.

1 Like

Welcome GungnirSpear! You’re joining at an exciting time, so many new features in SC with many more on the horizon. ADI is a good place to be to experience them all, from running cargo, to security, to mining, exploration, and salvage (soon tm). And to do it with friends, so much the better. I agree, SC is visually stunning; truly a unique gaming experience. I’m sure you’ll find the role(s) that fit best with your interest and play style. Look forward to meeting and flying with you soon. See you in the Verse!

1 Like

Welcome to the Verse & ADI, @GungnirSpear. That’s quite the introduction and I can assure you that your thoughts are well echoed by many of the members here. The raucous personalities here will you in well and many will be eager to get you alongside and into the fun. The new and upcoming content releases as well as the excitement of CitCon has everyone charged up. The future of SC and ADI as a whole is chomping at the bit and you couldn’t have picked a better time to join us. So welcome to the crew and look forward to seeing you in the Verse.

1 Like

Hey Gungnir, welcome in the team and Look forward seeing you in the verse.

1 Like

Hi Gungnir, Welcome to ADI and Star Citizen. Hope to see you around in the verse.

1 Like

Welcome to Star Citizen and ADI Gungnir. I too share the excitement for the potential this game is showing. Hope to see you out there with us!

1 Like

Welcome, Gungnir, glad to have you aboard! I was also in Naval Aviation myself, PR3, glad to have a fellow Aircrewman on board. You’ll find lots of prior military here, so great structure and operation. If you need any help with anything please don’t hesitate to ask. Looking forward to flying with you in the Verse!

1 Like

Welcome to ADI, Gungnir! We have very similar interests when it comes to what gameplay elements we’re looking for in SC. I can’t wait for the day we’re leading assault teams and battling for control inside capital ships. Sadly we’re a ways off from that day, but it’s still exciting to think about. Which ships did you pick up when you bought into the game?

1 Like

Hi and Welcome to ADI! from the looks of it you will fit right in here at ADI! Welcome!

1 Like

Picked up the SC/SQ42 Combo Mustang Alpha package.

GungnirSpear great intro, welcome to the team, there is a lot of room for that which you speak of I hope we have a load of fun. I prefer to just pilot things myself. don’t even care if im shooting really, thats just a bonus.

Hey welcome to ADI.

Welcome to ADI GungnirSpear and thank you for your service. It sounds like you going to be great to game with. Thanks for joining the team. I look forward to running ops with you.