FNG: Sarin

Hey all!

Name’s Sarin coming to you from the land where every natural thing is trying to kill you, Australia!

Apparently I should post here and say hi and say a few words, looks like I’ve done that now.

But while I’m here, may as well say a bit about meself. Scotsman living in Melbourne (so yes every 10th word is probably profanity), a place where the weather makes no sense, it’s summer, started at 31c this morning, it’s now 20c and raining at 3pm and due to be back up to 28c by midnight, this country is awesome :slight_smile:

Long time ARMA nerd, love my milsims, especially running with a clan that practices their stuff, so I’m really looking forward to getting into some serious, head in the game ops with you all. Big RPG fan as well, but I always find myself coming back to FPS.

Have high hopes for ADI and I hope to help build the AUS side of things as the years go on.

Cheers lads
Sarin

Sarin, Welcome to ADI. When you get a chance hop into mumble and someone should be available to get your onboarding started. If this has already been done, hang around and get to know the folks.

Welcome Sarin!

Hope you’re enjoying the holidays, and thank you for your interest in ADI! We’re very happy to have another member who appreciates practicing skills and developing the talents that ADI prides itself on! Be sure once the holidays are over, to take a little time getting settled in here. We offer a SC/ADI associated Friday night flight night and hope that you can make them. It’s there that you can get to know a few of our many members.

We look forward to getting to know you, as well as get in some flight time with you. Our Mumble server is also a great place to familiarize yourself with a few of our many members. ADI also supports a few other games, such as ARK & CoD, so if your interests lie with any of those, be sure to hook up with us there as well. Any thoughts as to what division you’re looking to engage with?

Either way, let us know if you have any other questions, and once again, welcome to the ADI family!

-Hyndrosa1

Happy holidays, Sarin, and welcome to ADI! I’ll see you in the pub in mumble, I’m sure.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, hope you all had a good holiday. I spent my xmas working, couldn’t resist the x2.5 overtime rates :smiley:

@Hyndrosa1, I’m pretty flexible with my playstyles, in EVE Online I’m just as happy doing mining ops as I am PvP/PvE combat, though I think the Marine division is where my heart lays. Nothing gets the blood pumping as much as a hot drop into enemy territory, either as a dropship pilot of running with a squad I think I’ll be most at home here.

I have a Prowler so I’m looking forward to making good use of it with ADI, the heavy weapons on it should make for a good entrance.

Also have a Sabre so I can be a backup combat pilot as well.

Hoping that the time difference (UTC+10) won’t cause too many issues for the most part. I’ll probably need to sort out a time to get the induction business done given that I’m doing 7-3 shifts this week and being 18 hours ahead it might be a bit difficult.

Hope to join you all soon.

Good to have you with us Sarin,

From your posts, sounds like you would fit right in. Welcome to the org.

Welcome @ Sarin!!! Glad to have you with us, Sorry i couldnt do your onboarding last night. Would have been my first and you dont need me butchering it :wink:

Welcome to the family Sarin!

We have players all around the globe and when the game progresses, we will have players online 24-7.

Hey all, just a quick update, my PC has died on me so I won’t be online for a while until I can figure out what part is broken and get a replacement/upgrade.

Just thought I’d say something here so I don’t get booted form the corp :smiley:

Sarin, dont worry about being booted - it wont happen for inactivity.
That said, if you need help trouble shooting your computer, dont hesitate to drop a post in the Technical Support forums - there are a number of us here who are reasonably tech savy.

Best of luck!

Thanks for letting us know, and sorry to hear about the PC, but you wont get booted for taking time away from ADI, RL first.

We understand, RL first. See you when you get back

Cheers everyone, much appreciated :slight_smile:

Should be okay figuring it out, just takes time and the patience to not just lob it off the balcony haha

Welcome to ADI, Sarin!