DarthLuke Introduction

Hello everyone, I am fairly new to Star Citizen however, I am not new to the space sim genre. I have played Elite Dangerous with more than 200 hours. I have also played EvE Online for a short period of time. I usually like to play FPS or FPS/Survival type games but do not associate with just those game types, I like games of any variety. Among gaming, another one of my hobbies is computers and network security. I do a fair amount of PC troubleshooting/repair and am currently going to university for Information Technology with a concentration of Cyber Security. If there is anything else you would like to know about me, please do not hesitate to ask, I am generally very open.

Godspeed and safe travels o7

Hey there DarthLuke - welcome to the ADI community!

You will definitely find no shortage of members here who share your gaming experience and enthusiasm for various gaming genres - don’t hesitate to reach out to community members or make a post about the games you are playing to find some people to team up with.

When you get a moment try to hop onto our mumble server - its a good place to get to know our more active members and staff as well as get some game time in with other players. While you are there, talk to a staff member (denoted by a |T| |AD| or {D} prefix to their names) about completing your onboarding process - doing this will give you access to the member only forums as well as our discord services.

I always like to make it clear that if you have any questions while you are here, don’t hesitate to reach out and ask a staff member - we will do our best to get you the answers you are looking for.

Lastly - I just like to point out that ADI is working on branching out into other games while we patiently wait for SC to release (Soon TM as they say). Currently we have plans to support CoD:IW, we have a number of players in Ark Survival Evolved, and plan on supporting a survival space sim called Hellion when it releases (soon TM). Feel free to help our community expand into more new games.

Welcome again and I look forward to getting some game time in with you.

PS: Due to the holiday here in the US, it may take longer than usual to process your application. You can still perform your onboarding and start getting active in the community - but forum access may take a few days. Thank you in advance for your patience!

Rather than parrot everything that Infandus just said, I’ll simply say…

Welcome to ADI! Glad to have you with us.

Welcome DarthLuke. Clever name there … :wink:

Hey DarthLuke,

So, on behalf of our many members, welcome! It sounds like a good wealth of space sim experience which is always a plus :smiley: Be sure to take some time getting settled in, and once you’re GTG, be sure to continue to hop into Mumble in order to better familiarize yourself with a few of our many members and also some of the other games we’re supporting (if you’re interested) as we wait for SC to move a little further along developmental wise. Hopefully you can make our Friday night flight nights! BTW, any idea on what division you’re looking into?

Again, great to have you on board, and welcome to the ADI family!

-Hyndrosa1