Appleh

Hi,

Introducing myself.

IRL background from Swedish Marine Corps. Previously been playing EVE and SC

IN my hangar currently is a Ghost and Sabre Comet.

Hope to see you soon!

Welcome!

Welcome to Atlas Defense Industries Appleh!

What division did you end up joining? What are your interests in SC?

Welcome Appleh,

Greetings from a fellow ex swedish military. o7 Jag tror att du kommer att trivas här hos oss.

Hi and welcome @Appleh to ADI glad to see you on board and if you need anything. Don’t hesitate to send me a PM on here, discord or just grab me if you see me on Mumble and I’ll do my best to help you we are all here to help each other at the end of the day. I’m always about if you just want to fly or play a few rounds of star marine that’s great with me. well hope to see you soon

Thanks for the warm welcomes! o7

Really eager to get in game and start contributing to whatever we have going on in the PU / of course also eager to see what comes online at the 3.0 patch!

Currently I’m in the fleet sec / fleet pilot division - however looking to join the combat pilots as soon as I got my hands on a HOTAS - any recommendations?

Currently trying to get my skills up with my ships and looking forward to meet you guys in-game!

Hey there Appleh - welcome to the ADI family!

Regarding your question about HOTAS recommendations - it depends entirely on your budget and what you are looking for.

Top of the line: Thrustmaster Warthog + Pedals (the warthog does not have a twist axis on the stick, so pedals are needed to control yaw)
Middle of the line: Saitek X55 or one of those variants (X52 Pro / X65 / X56 / etc)
Middle of the linel: Thrustmaster T16000

Feel free to ask more in Technical support, discord, etc! There are a LOT of people here at ADI with HOTAS setups.

I personally have used:
Saitek X52 Pro - loved it, but not quite as precise as I wanted - there was just a little more play in the stick than I hoped.
Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswind Pedals - absolutely love them - do NOT love how much i spent on the setup though

Hope this helps!

Welcome again and look forward to gaming with you!

Welcome aboard! Always glad to see fellow amphibians join up.

Welcome to ADI. Feel free to jump in mumble always a group hanging out looking to shoot the shit and fly. Friday flight nights are a ton of fun and everyone welcome to jump in.

A fellow Scandinavian eh? Hälsningar från Finland!