Anyone using a foot pedal/switch for PTT?

Those pedals have arrived! But I’ve torn the ligament in my right ankle and cant move it. Ace.
On the bright side doing that has allowed me time to download and configure the free voice attack. Only 20 commands and it struggles with my Geordie accent but it’s AMAZING! I totally love it.

2 Likes

Have you guys thought about building a simple control box to handle the PTTs, based on Arduino for example? You can have multiple latched switches and each one controls the output, so you can even talk on every channel at the same time.
It’s a cheap solution, it works very well, and you can use the other pins of the board to provide additional functions (each board can support 130+ buttons).

Buttons should not be a problem nowadays, there are so many solutions to add 50+ buttons for less than 20£-30£ (Arduino is one, Leo Bodnar is another although more expensive).

@JayC : hopefully there will be an in-game factotum comms manager for SC, with multiple radio frequencies and channels to select. This would reduce the number of necessary buttons.

This is interesting. I honestly wouldn’t of thought to do this, but I can see how it would work for some people. Myself I use a thumb button on my HOTAS throttle for PTT, plus I have G keys on my keyboard I use for PRI channels.

Side note, it appears that some people just assume if you have a HOTAS you use pedals. Currently I use an X56 and TrackIR (with DelanClip) so I’ve invested a fair bit into it, and I still have no intention of setting up pedals. Partly I just can’t be arsed to deal with it, but mostly I find I have enough control for my needs and I’m just not a hardcore flight sim guy. To each their own I guess.

1 Like

I use x56 and headtracking. The x56 is perfect for me in regards to ship movement but I struggle now with enough buttons and it’s only likely to get worse.
I’ll use the pedals for ptt, voice attack and the extra ptt. I’ll review it if we need an extra ptt in future.
I got Voice attack today. My initial impression was that it’s great. I’ll mess about with it over next few days and will likely upgrade.