Zurkcez introduction

Hey everyone!
I’m a new applicant looking to join you along your adventures in Star Citizen. You guys can call me Zurk for short. I’m new to space simulator games like this one. Never really flown ships before but I am still trying to get the hang of it. I only use a mouse and keyboard at the moment, but will gladly purchase a hota flight stick in the very near future.

I look forward to meeting the ADI team!

Welcome @Zurkcez! Go ahead and jump on Mumble and someone will be with you shortly to talk to you and get you situated.

Hey there Zurk - welcome to the ADI community!
No worries about being new to the genre - there are plenty of people in this community willing to answer any number of questions you may have!

If you haven’t don’t so already, hop onto our mumble server when you get a moment - its a good place to get to know our more active members and staff as well as get some game time in with other players. While you are there, talk to a staff member (denoted by a |T| |AD| or {D} prefix to their names) about completing your onboarding process - doing this will give you access to the member only forums as well as our discord services.

I always like to make it clear that if you have any questions while you are here, don’t hesitate to reach out and ask one of us - we will do our best to get you the answers you are looking for.

Lastly - I just like to point out that ADI is working on branching out into other games while we patiently wait for SC to release (Soon TM as they say). Currently we have plans to support CoD:IW, we have a number of players in Ark Survival Evolved, and plan on supporting a survival space sim called Hellion when it releases (soon TM). Feel free to help our community expand into more new games.

Welcome again and I look forward to getting some game time in with you.

Hiya Zerk! Welcome to the family :slight_smile:

Welcome Zerk. Same here. Still trying to figure out the HOTAS thing myself, but there are plenty of ADI folks who can give you a hand

Welcome, Zerk! Dont worry about being new to the genre, there will be plenty to do and we’ll be sure to get you up to speed on what you need to know.

Welcome Zurkcez!

And thank you for your interest in ADI! It was good sitting in on your on-boarding and getting to know you a bit. I also noticed that you were able to partake in Friday nights flight night which is awesome! I’m glad you were able to learn a little about how ADI works together. Be sure to take some time continuing to settle in, and continue to hop on Mumble in order to help familiarize yourself with the many members we have. Once more patches are released we’ll be kicking a lot more SC time in, and that will help you in the long run. Any thoughts as to what division/role you’d like to partake in?

I know you mentioned about looking into a HOTAS in the future, so don’t be shy about asking questions…a good majority of members utilize them here! Let us know if you have any other questions, and once again welcome to the ADI family!

-Hyndrosa1