Zenemig

For all its material advantages, the sedentary life has left us edgy, unfulfilled. Even after 400 generations in villages and cities, we haven’t forgotten. The open road still softly calls, like a nearly forgotten song of childhood. We invest far-off places with a certain romance. This appeal, I suspect, has been meticulously crafted by natural selection as an essential element in our survival. Long summers, mild winters, rich harvests, plentiful game—none of them lasts forever. Your own life, or your band’s, or even your species’ might be owed to a restless few—drawn, by a craving they can hardly articulate or understand, to undiscovered lands and new worlds.

Herman Melville, in Moby Dick, spoke for wanderers in all epochs and meridians: “I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas…”

Maybe it’s a little early. Maybe the time is not quite yet. But those other worlds— promising untold opportunities—beckon.

Silently, they orbit the Sun, waiting.

-Carl Sagan

I hope you guys accept me for this epic and fun adventure, i saw some of you were in the army or have some military ranking fyi im becoming a comercial pilot (158 hours, more than 100 solo flying) and it will be an honor to fly with you/be your wingman. Im 23 years old (but since I was 14 I have always been in mature guilds/alliances etc), you can also see i have worked with people before in videogames if you check wowarmory and type Zenemig you can see all my raiding experience. I think its a good reference for gaming, discipline, organization, persistance and skill.

Now one of your best assets awaits for your approval…
Thank you

Hello Zenemig,

welcome to ADI.
Nice introduction post here, I have to read at least twice to understand it but good for my english vocabulary. :slight_smile:
Becoming a pilot is my oldest and still my biggest dream but seems unreachable for me.
Indeed, we have a lot of people with military experience and flying skills. It s very helpfull for our training flights and on the ground as marines. Obviously, you have a good RL and gaming experience as well. What division are you thinking to join ? You are also free to participate in others (transport, mining, exploration, bounty hunting, contracts, defense).

We have a calendar where you can find our upcoming events and meeting. If you have any questions, feel free to join us in mumble or discord. It will be a pleasure to help you.

See you around here, there and the verse.

Hello, and welcome to ADI! We’re glad you joined!

Lovely intro post, I very much enjoyed reading it. We always are happy to welcome mature members, as it seems you are.

I myself am currently in the process of obtaining my SUAS Airman Certification. I have an SUAS I enjoy flying and have a few commercial opportunites knocking on my door. It’s interesting learning how airspace works and how much effort has gone into making sure we all do pile up into a giant explosion.

Anyways, I digress.

What roles do you see yourself filling in SC? Fighter pilot? Commercial passenger transport? Cargo hauling? I’m interested in commercial transport(cargo and people) myself.

Again, welcome, and I’ll see you in the 'Verse!

Ahoy Zenemig! It’s always good to see another bibliophile!

“What goes around may come around, but it never ends up exactly the same place, you ever notice? Like a record on a turntable, all it takes is one groove’s difference and the universe can be on into a whole 'nother song.”

If you’re looking for the experts you’ve definitely found them. I’m not one of them of course but there are plenty in the org!

Make sure you join the Mumble whenever you’re online to meet the other members.

Welcome Zenemig! It’s always good to have real pilots join that can help the ones like myself that struggle with that type of thing. :laughing:
Look forward to seeing you, I will be in Friday night flight and hope so see and talk with you then.

Welcome to the family Zenemig! hope to see you around!

Welcome Zenemig!

I’m a former wow player as well–glad to have you. I’m sure you’re flying experience will help us out too!

Welcome.

Yeah, you’ll find plenty of military and ex-military in ADI. Probably plenty of recovering WOW players as well. I played a hunter myself with a purple raptor named leather among other things up to the end of Pandaria. But when I found myself doing the daily grind that involved picking up dragon poo, I managed to break that habit for good.

Star Citizen is looking to be far more interesting and ADI is far larger that any raid groups I had before. You should enjoy the mix of laid back and professionalism in the org. See you in the verse.

Hi and welcome @Zenemig to ADI glad to see you with us and if you need anything. Don’t hesitate to send me a PM on here, discord or just grab me if you see me on Mumble and I’ll do my best to help you we are all here to help each other at the end of the day. I’m always about if you just want to fly or play a few rounds of star marine that’s great with me. well hope to see you soon