Your Hobbys

well i suppose im kinda young compared to everyone else here lol my hobbies consist of

1. working on cars
  2. gaming with friends tabletop/ rpg/ video games etc
  3. painting warhammer models, although i live to far from a shop to game anymore sadly
  4. teaching myself Russian

i guess that’s about it i used to play magic, but haven’t played sense kamigawa so i think i’m tad outta loop although i have buddy who made it to regionals last year so that was kinda cool to go watch.

Well, being a 34 year old dad of two young kids 9 and 7, my hobby is normally taking my kids to their hobbies! Joys of being a dad.

When I’m not playing taxi dad I enjoy:

Gaming
I flick between PC and consoles (PS4 and xBox 1). I play PC games for the power a PC has and the consoles because my mates back home play those. I love MMOs, RPGs and FPS.

Being a tech geek
I love building, modding maintaining and repairing all forms of IT. It is my more expensive hobby, as soon as I’ve built my next rig I’m looking towards the next one. The wife hates it!

Wife’s Handy man
Again this is more of a job than a hobby, but I do enjoy fixing things around the house. This probably stems from my engineering background in the forces.

Mostly PC games at the moment. Including SC, Elite: Dangerous, World of Tanks (slowly backing out of this one), World of Warships, Armored Warfare, War Thunder, and sometimes the Dawn of War series, Diablo III, etc…

I also enjoy anything RC, planes, helicopters, and cars mostly.

Miniatures games including Warhammer 40K, Warmachine, Star Wars: X-Wing, and Wings of Glory.

Board games and tabletop RPGs also make the list, as well as slot car racing.

Dang I’ve got too many hobbies.

I’m 27 and live in Massachusetts. Been here most of my life at this point.

I tend to work a lot but when I actually have some free time, I usually do one of the following:

1. Video games: Recently have been playing a lot of Destiny when I’m not playing Vanduul Swarm or Squadron Battle in Star Citizen.
  2. Programming: I bounce between a few different projects. Mostly web server work in Java and Python but I dabble in some Haskell and other languages as well.
  3. Martial arts: I teach and have been training for ~15 years now.
  4. Dungeons & Dragons: Currently playing and streaming Pathfinder every Monday.
  5. Building computers: It’s a ton of fun and I recommend everyone do it at least once.

I plan on spending more time in Mumble at some point but it’s been a busy few weeks.

Guess I ought to post here. Where to start, hmm…

I am 25 and live on the gulf coast of Texas near Houston and work for the IT department of a financial institution.

As far as hobbies:

1. PC Gaming: This is sort of a given I guess. I am trying to get back into Elite: Dangerous as I have not played since the beta ended. Some games I enjoy would be: GTA, DCS, ARMA 2/3, Battlfield 1942/2, Fallout: NV, and of course Star Citizen.
  2. Shooting: I hate to perpetuate a stereotype, but I love guns. They are a joy to work on as well as shoot. Most of my collection is WWI/II vintage, but I do have some newer stuff. I keep waiting for a nice, dry Saturday so I can take my newest addition, a replica 1853 Enfield Rifle-Musket, to the range.
  3. Music/Audio/TUBES!: I play bass at the church I go to. (I do not claim to be good at it) When I started looking at upgrading from my small practice combo amp, I found that I loved the way tubes handled the sound. Ended up getting a 450 watt hybrid amp (Hybrid=Tube preamp section and mosfet power section) and a 4x10 speaker cab. Soon I found myself browsing for something with a tube for just hooking headphones into. I ended up buying a small .5 watt tube headphone amplifier. Dropped a 1960 Telefunken 12au7 in it and now I run all my music and PC audio through it. /rantbeforeiwriteanovel
  4. Photography: Really the only “Art” thing I do. Always enjoyed being able to play with light and what all you can do with it. Black & white film is what I wish I could work with, but I would only do it if I had access to a darkroom. So, I ended up settling for digital and using adobe lightroom. Most of the time I end up taking portrait, because that’s what people want, but my passion is really in scenery and small, random objects. (weird, I know)

Well there you go. You learned a little bit more about the Sanford.

Good to see a lot of sportsmen on here! I guess I’ll partake.

Guns! - Anything relating to shooting and firearms. Got my first gun when i was 6 years old (a single shot remmington .410 shotgun) and never looked back. Been tinkering with guns ever since.

Outdoors - Specifically hiking and camping. Hunting and fishing are on the list, but not much water out here in the desert. Its nice to get up in the mountains once and a while though.

Computers - Ever since my dad bought that old Commodore 64 that has been sitting in his shop for years I have been tinkering with computers. Really any electronics. Worked on electronic motors for my dad as a kid and started fixing TV’s and VCR’s since i was about 10. Just progressed from there.

And of course my favorite pastime…

Cooking - Anything and everything, especially Smoked/BBQ, and Italian. I eat a lot of Mexican food (as i live next to the border) so I cook a lot of that. Its the only hobby i really brag about, cause I guarantee you wont eat a better meal.

Oh and Ted:

Photography is part of my job and I love landscape and Macro with my 60D. Hit me up if you want to swap pics.

Might as well join in.

I’m from Virginia, USA near the capital and this is what I enjoy to do.

Gaming is my number one pass-time. But I always enjoy spending time with the family. Got season passes to the amusement park called Kings Dominion and plan on going to Busch Gardens next year.

When its closed I like to go hunting and fishing. I too like to shoot guns anything and everything that goes boom. Have a decent turkey shoot gun that will blow a 1 inch hole in a card 55 feet away with number 9 shot. Gets expensive but its fun.

Would like to fly RC helicopters but the ones I want are $600+ so I just fly my little plastic one around the house lol.

Hi Guys!!

I’m from Belgium and living near Antwerp.

My hobbies are Computing, Driving my motorcycle Bmw r1150rt and cooking.

Because I have no car license, I’m driving summer and winter for the past 16 years on two wheels, but if there is time in a near future I’m willing to get one :laughing: One thing I’m also going todo in September is a career switch, then I start with a half year cooking practice to get my cooking degree so I can make from my hobby a profession. But no complains having less job so more time on game-play :smiley:

And of course most important on my comp at the moment is this brand new game I learn to play because this is a mega galactic wonderful new area to participate in.

Btw a big thanks for all the hints and help I get so far to improve my gaming experience from the fellow ADI guild members Thumbs Up :exclamation:

So that’s my way to combine fun and fun together in real life!

Heya folks!
Hailing from South Australia, myself. I tend to accumulate more extracurricular activities than i actually have time in the week for lol :slight_smile:

• Gaming obviously; almost exclusively PC nowadays, although most my youth was spent on consoles.

• I’m a Parkour instructor for the Australian association, although I’m currently on a brief hiatus from training just to keep from burning out. You need a break every now and again from all things, I think. I’m also a HEMA (historic European martial arts) practitioner which is good fun. Also nice to finally find a martial art that stems from a relatable genealogy (rather than purely from Asia).

• love my motorcycles. Been riding 12 years and spend an inordinate amount of time and money maintaining and customizing my '09 Hayabusa :smiley:

• I’m also pretty big into the popculture convention scene here in Adelaide, assisting in the organisation of events and recently launched a dedicated project to increase security at local con’s. I also do the occasional let’s play video and editorial pieces for various gaming websites as well as maintaining one of our own with a good friend.

…then in there somewhere i also try spend as much time with the misses and our malamute pup, plus friends, plus family- all of that in between full time work.

Moral of the story is I’m terrible with time management haha :slight_smile:

I see very cool hobbies so far… I like flying my RC helicopters and boats… Alos like being a dumb #$% and making others lol :laughing:

I see very cool hobbies so far… I like flying my RC helicopters and boats… Alos like being a dumb #$% and making others lol :laughing:

New hobby…YouTube tech videos!

My new Tech channel

I will be unboxing a bunch of new parts (as well as other cool videos) in the future.

Wow,
now only PC gaming, reading and the occasional movies that the studios send DVD for.

When I had a life and could walk:

1. Scuba Diving; Worked summers as Dive Master 3 years on Blackbeard Cruises “Morning Star” (65" Morgan/sailboat), 5 years on the “Sea Fever” a 90’ converted Mine sweeper. Lived on the boats full time.
    Owned my own boat for a decade and would take people out diving (part time, was really a hobby to me.) Loved the sport. Dove up and down the East Coast of USA, The Caribbean, Gulf of Thailand, South China Sea and many Fresh water caves; I regret not taking the opportunity I had for the Red Sea. (live and learn. Some opportunities only open to you once.)

2 Cars. Restoring and Modding for High performance. Drag Racing, Street Rally’s and Car Shows
(Had NHRA Class 1 License. Had one of my Cars as Centerfold of Car Craft Magazine in the 1970’s.)
Founder and former-President of a Street Machine Club.
Helped restore a Chaffee tank and the chassis of an F4U my friends owned.

1. Shooting. Competition (small bore) and Sport (target & Hunting) (sport goes from 1750’s British Flintlock up to the latest rifle/pistol up to the turn of the 1990’s.)

2. Radio Control Racing (Boat and Car - gas powered.)
    And Wired Aircraft (gas powered) when even younger (remember those.)

3. Boating. Both power boats and sailing. (Only owned a small Bertram Cabin Cruiser and Irwin Luxury Sailboat.)

4. Fishing (Salt and Fresh water using rod and reel.) Lobstering (by hand.)

5. Travelling. Never made it to PRC, N. Korea, Iran, Antarctica and New Zealand. Just love seeing new places and cultures and immersing myself. New Zealand was going to be my next R&R :frowning:; I was invited to tour PRC and Antarctica but ran out of time.

6. Gaming. Mainly Avalon Hill Board Games and WW II Miniatures Table top.
    (Some Warhammer 40K and Fantasy as well. Have an army used in GW catalogs their first couple decades and featured in two ‘White Dwarf’ Magazine.)

7. Reading; mainly history and lately added theology to that. Some Writing (Contributor to 1 book published [still sales on Amazon] and various articles in Wall Street and other news services. As a favor I edit books for various publishers.)

8. Wines. (love a good Port. Can no longer partake because of meds.)

9. Motorcycles (just touring. USA and Thailand [and Malaysia by mistake lol.] ) Only raced Motocross 1 year in Italy; note if you race always walk the course before you race.

10. Camping (Fun when it was voluntary.)

11. Electronics ( built computers and robotics’.) Now not even able to put components together. :frowning:

12. Collected 1st Edition Books and original Art.

13. Biblical Studies and Theology. (Have one of my PhD’s in this.)

14. Martial Arts. Matstubayashi-Ryu Karate, Iaijutsu, Iaido, Aikijutsu, Jiu-Jitsu, Ryu-kyu Budo-Kai.
    Owned/ran Martial Arts School (evenings)
    Wow…I did not realize what I use to do. I did not mind being stuck in bed for life now I wonder.

I’m Hetaron,

New to you folks so hello! I’m 45 and currently my hobbies include;

Video Games
Board Games
Travel (got the bug to see the world before too much ruins it)
Science Fiction (Books, Movies, Games)
Fantasy (Books, Movies, Games)
Cycling (though this one needs an upgrade regarding the current bike I have :frowning:
Computer Hardware and or Technology as it comes along.

Thanks for listening!

I live on the coast in Maine and try to get out on the water as often as possible. My wife and I sea kayak, hike and cycle in the warm months. In the winter we snowshoe a lot.

I try to balance all that with my other passion which is sports car racing. Currently, I am the owner and driver of a Porsche Boxster which I race in NASA (not the space dudes) and SCCA.

When I’m not doing any of the above, I can be found moving large slabs of granite around our property.

50 years old. Minneapolis, MN

Hobbies

• playing games with my 4 kids (Monopoly, Catan, Risk)
  • Star Citizen
  • 3D printing

23 years, from Sweden

Current hobbies: reading, gaming.

old hobby work got in the way of: Ju-Jutsu.

I enjoy woodworking, metalworking, playing instruments, reading, camping and obviously gaming.

you are all very interesting people, such variety in the hobbies but all come together in SC :slight_smile:.

I will add to this. I am 23 years old South African. Hobbies are reading, gaming (ofc) and paintballing. thank you for reading

I live on the coast of Maine…no really…I do too so we had bettah have an eyeball !

My hobbies:

Sailing
Motorboating
Amateur Astronomer
Amateur Radio Operator
Electronics
More Electronics
Electronic Music
Esoteric Electronics Communications
Being A Buzzkill (not usually when connected to anything more than 5 volts)
Online MMOs, some roleplay : Guildwars, Star Wars EMU, Eve Online, Everquest (I hope), Star Trek Online, WoW, Dragons Prophet
Computer Programming: Visual Basic, Some CPlus, AI Programming, Arduino Interfacing and Robotics
Chess - Maine Class E Champ; Online streaming teaching chess
Kerbal Space Program - The Best Space Simulation ! (err which is cute that is and you can make yer own spaceships; and have fun!)
Musician: Semi-Pro…Synth, Guitar…Pink Floyd, Enigma, New Age, Esoteric, Rock, Pop and everything in between
Survivalist: Expert Marksman USAF; ARMA 2 I have taken whole towns singlehanded on the ground and with an Apache.
Flight Simulations and Real Pilot: Have 40 hours in a Piper Cherokee 140 and 600 hours in FSX

Thats about it.

My gameplay is kind of serious; I dont mess around; I am somewhat more of a solo player but can work well in teams; I have been on a few raids…Linneage 2 caste raids was interesting some years ago !

I am usually on line at night EST…I plan on Live Streaming music and some video games in the future.

Commander Zeta