Video Card and/or Mainboard !

Hello all

Here is my info od my computer …
Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X4 810 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
with
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

Should I get another mainboard and/or new video card for the game ?

Thanks for the info

Are you able to play the game now? Do you have acceptable performance?
If so, I would say: stay with what you have. If you really want a powerful gaming machine ONLY for SC, wait until the full game is released. At that time, you will know better what the actual requirements will be and also technology will have advanced and what is today a top-notch build might become cheaper then. :slight_smile:

Do you have an SSD? If you have a HD, switching to a SSD is always a quick fix for loading times. But, it might not matter much for game performance… Regarding the video card, I have a low-end AMD R9 260 2Gb and the game works (in 1900x600)… :slight_smile:

Now, if you decide to ditch everything, Falcon Northwest (pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2393552,00.asp :slight_smile:
If you are a DIY, see recommended builds by ADI staff: atlasdefenseindustries.com/news

-Gus

If you are able to play the game now, you have some time to think about what you would like for a system. On our news page ( atlasdefenseindustries.com/news ), there are some articles concerning builds. These are good solid platforms that will do well. There are entry level, mid size and then the high end builds if you look through the section. You can build yourself a good solid system for about 1,100 currently. If you shop around for the best prices you can find, you may even be able to get the price lower or wait for the items on Amazon to go on sale and grab them up (especially if you have the patience to do so).

Even if you have to get something new now, building is the best way to go and albeit the first time can be a bit scary, building your own system is not difficult and there are some very knowledgeable people here to assist if you were to need some help.

Luckily I can play with my existing computer. I looked at having Digital Storm build me a dream gaming computer and almost choked at the price; $16,000. :confused: (And that was not choosing the HD I really wanted in order to save cost.) :open_mouth:

As Gunny said. If the game is playable for your taste, then wait. SSD aside, when I up’d my RAM from 8GB to 16GB I saw a very playable spike in my FPS, during AC & in the Hangar.

Thanks for the info !

Its playable but laggy … I will wait until game launches

Thanks again