Star Citizen Help AAAHHHH!!!!

Since the big patch at the end of last year, I haven’t been able to use Star Citizen well enough that I don’t want to shut it down right away. First it took me what seemed like hours to get out of bed and the game was so slow and laggy, I couldn’t get through doors. A memory upgrade from 8 to 16 gigs seemed to fix this but still wasn’t happy with performancem ie. lag, and often times I couldn’t even get the airlocks in crusader to open for me.

Works well enough now that I was able to get through the marine certification like I was drunk. Followed others into the airlock instead of opening myself. But otherwise flying hasn’t worked well enough for me to make it out of the system. Well I did try to land once but that didn’t go well. I posted my system stats below and yes my system is old but worked well enough last year and for other games. And I upgraded my video card last year and have the game running off an SSD.

Anyone think I need to wipe my ssd, do some system optimization, or think it’s just the game? Or do I just need to get a new computer. Don’t have the money or will really to do that for the game right now. I just upgraded to 3.1 but flying was painful. Did get out the airlock though.

Thoughts?

[attachment=1]stats.PNG[/attachment]
[attachment=1]stats2.PNG[/attachment]

Do you have the game installed on a HDD or on SSD? I’ve got it installed on my SSD and can run the current version 3.1 quite consistent at 20-25fps. So if you’ve got it installed on a HDD try SSD, if you’ve got it on SSD try cleaning it up, defragment it and always leave some free memory so it doesn’t get bogged down. EDIT: I like to keep about 50GB of free space on a drive at least.

I’d say my stats currently are a bit worse than yours, though idk about the cpu.
My stats are:
CPU: i5-4460 @ 3.20GHz
Memory: 8GB
System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 960 4GB FTW+
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB

Yeah I have it on an SSD. I’d put the PTU on a hard drive which was worse but now that it’s gone live, I’ve updated the main instance on the SSD. Ran some more customizations, turned off my second monitor and adjusted my controls and seems better now. Was more frustrated on not knowing how to do the basics which I use to do like landing but watching a video on how the mobiglass is so much more involved now. It would be so cool to be able to use it via voice. SSD had space but more like 25 gigs. Really rather not invest in more parts for a computer that needs an upgrade.

Anyway, thanks for the info. See you in the verse.

Ok, actually got to land on a planet. And by land I mean loose my landing pad just as I was about to get to it due to timeout, not able to strafe up straight, running ship into ceiling, and suddenly finding myself on the ground in one piece. But I did notice that the game got more and more laggy over time. Is that something on my end?

Nice you were able to play for a bit! And yeah i have the same, the longer you play the laggier it gets. Usually i can do 1 mission or haul and then i have to quit the game or else it crashes. So it’s definitely not just you.

See you in the verse! o7