ShoutingGoat here

Looks like I ended up missing a few responses until now. During my off time, which happened to have started maybe 30min after initially playing it for the first time, I was out for about a year and came back confused, wondering why I had a freelancer. Unfortunately nothing too exciting.

Thanks Hanner. As far as play style, I think I’ve been getting a little more adventurous after the first few deaths and blown up ship. At first, I wasn’t sure what to expect if I crashed. I remembered seeing that I had insurance when the game was purchased but was unsure after sitting on it for a year not playing. After the first crash, I thought my ship was gone for good. Recently did a little time in prison, still no clue what exactly I did, just that I had 40k in fines and got to experience being hunted in New Babbage by security. I recently was gifted with a cutlass and the hover bike (rode the bike once so far and decided to accidentally test it’s water durability…likes to blow up in water). Now I know not to speed around on the ground during night. Now that I have this ship, I want to see and figure out what upgrade route would be best (just started learning that whole bit).

Exciting times indeed. never fear, ask around and browse the forums there are a few posts about melting and upgrading ships. It has also been said (rumored) that ships purchased with cash will never disappear, just that you will need to purchase insurance in order to continue to fly them… seems appropriate but take that with a grain of rumor salt.

Welcome to ADI ShoutingGoat. I’m glad you joined the team.

Yeah I had to recently buy a new SSD as well to handle this game. It was choking my ancient rig’s abilities. The exploration is what drew me in as well and I think we’re both chomping at the bit to get a hold of more mechanics of the exploration side of things, salvage, repair, drones, medical, base building etc. pst, join E&S we have the coolest ships :wink:

Good times :slight_smile: Your prison experience could have happened like this:
You were intercepted by NPC cops and asked to stop for inspection. You didn’t, or they didn’t like your cargo. If you aren’t killed you’ll be fined at least 20K aUEC, I’m guessing it’s 20K per crime stat level. If you are killed then jail. I’ve run into it AFK, I assume anyway, as I was in Hurston orbit with speed and I woke up in jail. I’ve also run into it when quantum travel begins. You get away but are fined.