my current setup is a budget build that I created last year. Now I am way more into gaming and thought of upgrading it, also to counter my low fps in SC.
My current specs are:
- AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (with stock cooler, overclocked to 3800Mhz, normally on 3400Mhz)
- Gainward 6GB GTX 1660 super Ghost OC
- 16 gigs of DDR4 RAM (2x8) running on 3000 (theoretically, I overclocked it but BIOS shows it running at 2100 and other software at even lower speed): G.Skill Aegis F4-3000C16-8GISB DDR4
- Gigabyte x570 Aorus Ultra (got this MB recently on sale specifically for new Ryzen Processors, before that I had an MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX)
- 1TB HDD, 250GB SSD, 500GB M.2 (where SC is on)
- Thermaltake Smart RGB 500W (worst 80+ rating possible)
- Samsung monitor (1080p, 60hz, 23.5 inches) First one on Amazon when searching for a monitor
I thought of getting the new Ryzen 5300 or the x variant, I don’t know which would be more worth it.
Otherwise, a 3080 would most likely be bottlenecked by my current CPU and my 1660 runs nearly every game with 60 fps. Also for a new GPU, I would need a better monitor, otherwise, it would be worthless and the difference unnoticeable. Since SC needs more CPU than GPU I really thought of one of the new Ryzens. Also, I read SC runs better on Intel but I guess it’s too late for that now anyway. Also, some people said Star Citizen needs a lot of RAM which is something I thought about upgrading with the same kit again as well. I appreciate all your help,