OldManKatan - Introduction

Hello!
Handle is OldManKatan, started backing Star Citizen in September, 2016. I’m in the camp of “has a family” and excited to be invited to an organization that respects this, while focusing on having a mature and positive attitude. I will not have the time to be a leader in ADI, and I won’t be hardcore anytime soon. With that said, I am dependable, experienced in several categories of games, and take instruction well.
In SC, I’m most excited about the engineering roles (systems management, repair, etc.) and will probably function to a more or less extent in this capacity with ADI. That can all change if the vision that CR has put out turns out to “not be fun at all” but this is the risk with things we’ve heard about and never tried!

It’s a pleasure to be here,
-OldManKatan

OldManKatan, welcome to the ADI community - happy have you and can assure you that you are not alone in the “has a family” group.

When you get a free moment, try to hop onto our mumble server to complete your on boarding process.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to any one of us.

Again, welcome to the community and look forward to gaming with you.

Shepheard took care of my onboarding, was quite painless :slight_smile:

Welcome OldManKatan,

We’re glad to have another family man on board…and thank you for your interest in ADI! Great speaking with you earlier and I look forward to flying with you. Be sure to continue hopping into Mumble from time to time to familiarize your’re self with a few of our many ADI members. Hope to see you at next weeks Friday night flight night. Once again, great to have you!

-Hyndrosa1

Great to hear - was nice meeting you on mumble tonight.

Welcome to ADI, OldManKatan! Lots of us have families and know that they come first, so don’t worry about that at all. From my own experience, I took some time away from ADI a little while back to finish school and welcome a newborn. When I came back, it was like I never left.

Hope to see you on mumble soon and we’ll see you in the 'verse!

Hey Katan

It was good to meet you last night. Looking forward to hanging out with you in 'verse.

And welcome to ADI!