New member GOHAWKS

Hey everyone, I’ve been playing the game for about a month. I started with a basic package but now have a Prospector, but not sure if I’m cut out for the mining life. Thinking about possibly upgrading to the Vanguard Warden. Thanks for the invitation to the organization.

Gohawks, welcome to ADI. Once your onboarding is complete , feel free to chat up folks in Mumble to have them pull ships for you to test fly. That way you can get a feel for potential purchases before you pull the purchase/upgrade trigger. Look forward to flying with you soon.

1 Like

Welcome GoHawks! Glad to have you with us here at ADI, you picked the right org to call home with active and experienced members to enjoy the Verse. Hope to fly with you soon!

1 Like

Welcome @GOHAWKS committing to mining right off the bat would be a big step in the wrong direction, you have so much to explore other than breaking rocks. While I enjoy mining it doesn’t make up the bulk of my game play and to have only one ship that fills such a specific role. I would suggest you look into a ship that has a little bit of cargo space. The warden is a great ship. It wont haul cargo but you can run box missions with it. FPS mining will make you a good chunk of change if you ditch the prospector.
Rather than going all in on a warden you may want to consider a small fighter like an arrow AND a hauler like a freelancer. That will give you some options on game play rather than only having the one ship to go to. Hit me up in Mumble if you see me on. I will pull whatever ship you want out to test if you didnt get a chance to rent this last week.

1 Like

Welcome to the ADI family GoHawks. Mining is an interesting area to start with but given the state of need currently it can be a bit dead end. However after what was revealed at CitizenCon the future will be looking up for the profession. So don’t let it deter you yet. However as mentioned there is soooo much more you can get into in the time being. Dip your toe in the pool for all of it and get a feel for what draws you in. As always, jump on mumble, ask questions, we are here to help.

1 Like

Thanks everyone, I really just upgraded to the prospector because I didn’t want to drop a bunch of money all at once and freak my wife out. lol.

Welcome to the team, Hawks! A basic package is what I started with too and now I’m up to five with at least one more in my sights. I want a heavy fighter upgrade to my sabre and, similar to you, the Warden is one of the ships I was considering. I’m torn between that or the Freelancer MIS, though. Luckily there are still a couple days left of the expo for you and I to figure it out.

1 Like

Welcome, Hawks, glad to have you aboard! If you need any help with anything please don’t hesitate to ask. Looking forward to flying with you in the Verse!

1 Like

Welcome to ADI GoHawks. As others above have already said, feel free to bounce any and all ideas off of other members in Mumble or here on the forums. Everybody will have an opinion, but only you can decide what your gameplay style will be. Try a bit of everything - renting ships is a great way to explore what you can do with a ship, and also most members will be happy to let you borrow a given ship for you to try out and see what you think of a particular gameplay style.

Whatever you decide to do, I’d say just pause for a moment for now and try out a bit of everything before you splash out more $$$. There are lots of people in ADI who are very experienced at the individual gameplay styles that the mechanics currently allow, let your new family help you find your own path in The Verse.

1 Like

Hey @GOHAWKS, happy to have you on board. There’s (likely) so much time to play around with different roles before launch, I wouldn’t be surprised if many of us wind up in different roles than we originally signed up for. If you have any questions about different roles or ships, the forums and Mumble are both a terrific way to ask questions and get ideas.

I smell a Seattle-ite…
Welcome aboard.

1 Like

Actually, Iowa Hawkeyes.

Hi Gohawks, Welcome to ADI and Star Citizen. Hope to catch you in the verse.

1 Like

Gohawk huh. Doesn’t make you a jay hawk KU. Fan ? Well welcome to the org. Hope you got a chance to free fly the warden. Play what you enjoy though and keep in mind is alpha and always a wip

1 Like

Just upgraded to the Freelancer MIS, this thing is ugly but pretty badass…

Welcome to ADI GoHawks and I’m thrilled you’re getting into mining. I find it very relaxing myself and a great way to unwind after work. I look forward to seeing you in game.

Hello Gohawk, welcome in our organisation and thanks for joining. I hope to see you in the verse one day.

© 2013 - 2019 Atlas Defense Industries LLC