My PC Build

So i thought i would share with you all my PC build and get your opinions & advise if it would run the final game fine.

CPU = Intel Core i7 5820K s2011 v3 overclocked upto 4.2GHz
MOBO = Asus X99-DELUXE DDR4
RAM = Corsair Vengeance LPX Red 16GB DDR4 2666 MHz - 15-17-17-35 XMP 2.0 Quad Channel Desktop
PSU = 850W EVGA GOLD-2 PSU
HDD = Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA SSD / Seagate 4TB 3.5 Solid State Hybrid Drive 8GB MLC Nand 64MB Cache
GPU = 6GB EVGA GTX 980Ti SC ACX2Cool
MONITOR = 28" Asus PB287Q 4K TN LED 1ms
Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler

£1838.42

Is this a build you have or are you planning to buy this?

My comments:

• Since you have a 4K screen, a 980Ti will most certainly not be enough to get a decent framerate. You’d need 2x1080 at least.
  • Why 4K on 28" in the first place, how far away do you stay from your monitor?
  • Do you use that rig for anything else than gaming? If no, an i5 is probably more than enough.
  • If it’s a new build, consider the latest Nvidia GPUs (1070, 1080) instead of the 980Ti, much better ratio value/performance.

If this is your current build, you can probably run SC with good performances at 1080p, but most likely not at 4K.

Its my current rig that i done a year or two ago. I use it for work, gaming and modelling. I went with a 4k monitor so im future proof and plays other games in 4k.

Sorry, I have to disagree on the need for 1080x2 cards. There are plenty of people here running 4k with a 980Ti. The current game doesn’t stress a 980Ti as is, and will only be optimized down the road with better netcode.

Nomedias read my mind on this one. Truth is getting a good frame rate with the games current development state is a bit of a red herring, as you can have tripple Titan XPs and get rubish fps due to the server lag/tick rate/netcode, most folks playing on the PTU can attest to the wildly varying fps from server to server.
The game itself (single player mode) etc is still lacking alot of optimizations but that will improve in time, atm I’m getting a good 60~70fps on a 1440p monitor with a older gtx980, and could probably 4k it.

For the life of me I can not work out why fps would even be low in space, which is effectively a void with nothing in except a few highly detailed models in the distance which are being level of detailed’ed down something chronic. But I guess thats for another thread xD