Logo advice

Hey,

I’ve been thinking about updating my gaming profiles in all platforms with a logo instead of a random picture from the internet or my RL face. I have very poor artistic skills, so if anybody has advice about how I could improve what I have, feel free to shoot. This is what I came up with so far: [attachment=0]Sangoria.png[/attachment]

My main inspiration comes from the F logo from Jackfrags (youtube.com/user/jackfrags). I don’t really know where to go from where I’m at, so yeah, any advice is welcome :smiley:.

It’s not bad, but it’s maybe a bit wide for use as an icon I think?

Since you’re designing a logo for yourself some of the same design ideas for a company logo might do well for you:

[url]http://designshack.net/articles/inspiration/10-tips-for-designing-logos-that-dont-suck/[/url]

I’d also suggest making it full hi res and ensure it shrinks down as an icon well. Nothing is more annoying than making a badass image that looks amazing at 32x32 but scales up to pixelated crap. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the link !

Yeah it’s probably too wide indeed, I’ve been struggling to make it more squared while keeping the slender look.

Yeah the current image is a sketch made on paint, just to have an idea of what it might look like. I’ll re-do it somewhere else later I guess (I have to download Photoshop or something like that).