Lets laugh at the new guy

So I ended up melting my game package for another ship ONLY to realize that I could no longer access the Stanton Universe. Needless to say 75$ again i have a Stalker. N E W G U Y A L E R T

2 Likes

Always be aware of no swaping out a game package with a standalone ship.

1 Like

Since I died on you trying to figure out what I can and can not do in SC Combat at SPK, I will not laugh. And I was kind of irked I couldn’t shoot through 2 foot holes between the barriers or jump over computer consoles to escape grenades so in summary …

We learn something new every day … :slight_smile:

1 Like

No worries, throughout time man has tried many times to turn lead to gold; you won’t be the last.

This might be a good spot to share my total newbie experiences:

I managed to start the game yesterday after my NVIDIA troubles and it took me over two (!) hours to
a) find and board my ship, make me familiar with some mechanics,
b) fly my ship to a contract location only to find me 50.000 km away after quantum with no idea how to get nearer and then
c) quantum back and
d) crashing my ship because graphics didn’t actually give me a feel for the height

So yeah, kind of frustrated atm. All Noob introduction videos I saw were of NO help because they are done by folks who actually have spent a lot of time in the verse and make it seem like a cake walk (which it is not)

Best suggestion is to hop on mumble in the star citizen channels, lots of experienced folks playing that could give you some pointers, or fly with ya :slight_smile:

I was 10-15 min in the Lobby yesterday. Nobody came…

Depending on the time of day you may have to wait around awhile for a staffer member to get free and come help you get onboarded.

The truth is we were all new at some point, and being in a group help you learn quicker, and have a better time. Hop on mumble get onboarded and enjoy ADI.

Will try that of course. But this was the point in every organization, clan, whatever that made it hard for me. At the times I can play, I rarely see people. Let’s hope I find a bunch of people here.

[Edit]The second attempt to fly yesterday ended in disaster also. My starting point for some reasons is not Port Olisar but Area 18. That means I have to take a longish trip to Riker Memorial Spaceport every f* time. So I thought, hey, let’s fly to Port Olisar. Got to the ship, started, flew out of the atmosphere (which takes a very long time also) but couldn’t find anything. So I decided to fly to Hurston and try from there. Mid-flight I was stopped for unknown reason. There was a dogfight going on between a red triangle and a blue triangle. Followed them a bit without locking target but lost connection with the game after a minute or so. So that frustrated me A LOT and I haven’t logged back in. Am I stupid?

Tried it again a minute ago. After that annoying long loading time I woke up on the bed. Got up and hovered over the bed w/o the possibility to walk from it. Had to lie down and crawl to the floor. Left the room, elevator, ground floor, first flight of steps the game crashed again. Folks, I’m giving up opn this, lot of money wasted, perhaps it will get playable for me at some point,

What are the specs on your PC?

I’m assuming your rig has SC installed on the SSD or NVMe drive?

Otherwise you shouldn’t be having these issue.