Jatrox checking in...where's the gedunk machine?

Hi folks. Started playing and pledging about a week ago. My Forum handle on RSI was Atroxcasus (means bad luck) and I switched it to Jatrox to align my names. Got an invitation in the mail and after looking over about 23 ORGs I settled on ADI.

Not sure how much flight time I’m going to put in, because I’m just wrapping up my first semester of a Master’s program and school pretty much pushed WoW right outta my schedule. I can’t remember the last time I played. So definitely a casual player now, possibly a ghost, but I hope not. This game has promise.

I’m also either muted or off VOIP after everyone in my nuthouse goes to bed. Kids, dogs, wife… don’t wanna be waking up anyone especially the dragon lady. I mean wife. Keys are all too close to each other. Damn typos.

Retired Chief. No delusions of grandeur- I’m just a fat sexy bald dude trying to get through his days. Okay, not fat. I don’t bring drama with me and hopefully never will. If I have a problem with you, I’ll address you about it privately and we should always be able to resolve it. I ask the same thing of my peers. If I’m doing/saying/playing in a way you have a problem with- let me know. I can fix it.

Once the game is playable for me, I’ll see you out in the Universe.

Welcome, Jatrox. Chief!
Hop on mumble and get yourself acquainted with the guys and onboarded. We’d love to hear your voice!

Great post Jatrox. I haven’t heard the work gedunk since I was in basic. Welcome to ADI. We have a decent amount of past and present military types in the org. You should have fun here.

Welcome Jatrox!

Happy Holidays, and thank you for your interest in ADI! Good attitude to have, and thank you for your service. I’m currently still on AD within the USAF, and have been for 18+ years. What branch of service did you serve with? Don’t worry too much about not being able to give too much of your time to SC…one thing ADI stresses is “real life comes first”. But we’re very glad to have another former military member among our ranks.

Be sure to take some time getting to know a few of our many members. We host training/Friday night flight nights which help with this, along side spending some time in Mumble. Once 2.6 and 3.0 drop things will really start picking up within the org SC wise as well as becoming much more interesting! Until then, enjoy SC, as well as some of the other games that ADI supports, such as CoD and ARK alongside working towards your Masters.

Let us know if you have any other questions, and once again, welcome to the ADI family!

-Hyndrosa1

Welcome Jatrox!!! Glad to have you in ADI with us :smiley:

Welcome to ADI, Jatrox. Unfortunately, at this time, I think the closest you’ll find to a gedunk machine would be the Big Benny’s machine. You won’t find any chips or candies or cookies but…Big Benny’s.

Looking forward to getting to meet you.

Hi folks. Started playing and pledging about a week ago. My Forum handle on RSI was Atroxcasus (means bad luck) and I switched it to Jatrox to align my names. Got an invitation in the mail and after looking over about 23 ORGs I settled on ADI.
Welcome to the family Jatrox!

Regarding being a retired chief, is that police, fire, or military?

If its the latter, then you can I can chat about the good/somewhat/not so good/awful old days.

Anyways RL always comes first in ADI, whether its pursuing a Masters Degree (congratulations on beginning that!) or ensuring you aren’t attracting the ire of the better half. Come find us whenever you can spare the time, we understand.

Heck, if you are anything like myself, you might find yourself popping into channel just to appreciate the “white noise” happening in some of the pubs that we have.

See you in the 'Verse!

Hey Jatrox! Welcome!

I can understand trying to fit in the gaming hobby while trying to finish a grad program-- not easy to do. Anyway, I’ll echo the previous sentiment: Real Life Comes First. It always will.

Hope to talk to you on Mumble soon and hope you get some stick time.

Howdy Jatrox! Welcome to the group :slight_smile: