Introduction: USA_Nightwalker

Good very early morning,

My name is Paul, 22 (23 in February) year old male. I am a full-time Emergency Medical Technician on an ambulance service that runs 911/emergency calls in my county. In April of 2020, I will be getting married to my soon to be wife Winter, who (as a Christmas present) bought me Star Citizen with the Aegis Avenger Starter Pack. Lastly, I have recently completed my paramedic certification course, and test out with the National Registry in hopefully the very near future. I will admit that my time can be limited more frequently than not, but, real life comes first.

I am a new SC backer, but have extensive history in commercial and combat flight simulators as well as FPS games (over 800 hours of flight time in Microsoft Flight Simulator X Acceleration alone). I’m very excited to be a part of, from what I can tell from the outside looking in, a stellar community. I received an invite from RickyTR, and, after researching both the community via the website and the information on the RSI page, I was pleasantly surprised to find a community very much in line with both my personal play style and views. I’m very sure I will not be disappointed in accepting his invitation to this organization.

I look forward to meeting all of you, both in the forum and inside the 'verse.

Have a safe and pleasant day,
Paul

1 Like

Hi @USA_Nightwalker and welcome to the org.

is your interest in the game also going to be focused on medical support or you gonna focus on fighting since you are experienced in flying?

Congratulations on getting married, it must be nice to have the person who you will spend your life with supporting your interests and getting you a starter pack with such an amazing ship that is TITAN.

See you in the verse bro

@USA_Nightwalker Welcome to ADI great to have you!

question, with that much experience in flight sim and experience from ambulance service in real life will you be looking to do more combat/haul or space ambulance work in game you think? Would think with that many hours in flight sim you’ll be able to get into whatever you set your mind to.

1 Like

Good morning @desolas and thank you for the warm welcome.

When doing combat and flight sims, especially in mil-sims, I primarily have been placed into a dual roles of both Tactical Ingress/Egress piloting drop ships to do hot zone troop drops as well as close air to ground support. I personally believe my piloting skills would prove far more useful in the virtual world rather than my real life medical training haha.

And thank you, she is definitely a keeper, that’s for sure

See you soon

1 Like

Thank you @mario-milanista and a pleasure to meet you!

Personally, I think that my simulator time would be more beneficial to piloting of some form in the verse, however, I’m definitely not opposed to working under the support class as a in game medic or as a rescue pilot.

I can’t quite say if its me setting my mind to it, or if its just my obsession with avionics as much as anatomy and physiology haha.

Look forward to meeting ya in the verse

1 Like

Yea, I noticed that there are two different types of SC players. Some people try to stick to whatever they do or are good in real life, while on the other hand, there are people that do the exact opposite from what they do in real life because they see Star Citizen as some kind of an escape from real life struggles.

I suggest you explore everything within the game, that is what makes Star Citizen so special, diversity.
I always thought that mining is boring because I come from EVE background, now, I feel like mining is the most chill thing ever to do in game.

What I would suggest for you to do is to watch some of out streamers on twitch who have plenty of experience and they are very versatile when it comes to playing the game. That is a good way to meet people from the org and learn about the mechanics.

1 Like

Since the mechanic for the medical side of things isn’t quite introduced into SC yet, leaning heavily on my piloting background has sort of played out well for me. (Though I can’t lie at all by admitting that the Apollo Medivac has me super excited if/when it comes out of concept. Looks like so much fun to me.) However, when the new player external and internal injuries patches come into play, I may at that time re-evaluate what my role is, and possibly (probably) cross-train a cert over into a fitting role in that area.

I definitely will check out the streamers on twitch, seeing as I have done a lot of research about game mechanics, combat meta, and things via youtube, and hardpoint of course.

Thank you for the advice!

2 Likes

Welcome to ADI bud. Good luck for the wedding, I hope its a stellar one. It’s good to have you on board and we would be more than happy to assist you if you need help with anything. See you on Mumble :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to ADI @USA_Nightwalker! Good luck with the wedding. Sounds like you have a lot of valuable experience. Looking forward to flying with you!

1 Like

Thanks @SwiftZA I appreciate it!

I appreciate it! I’m sure the wedding will be great, though it could be terrible and I wouldn’t care, as long as I’m spending my time with her haha. I look forward to meeting with all of you very shortly. I should (hopefully) be on within the next hour or so on mumble!

Thanks again

1 Like

Thank you @FieldBear

I appreciate it, I’ll need some luck ironing out some last minute details haha. I hope that the experience I do have will help the community as a whole! At the very least I make good target practice (just kidding of course)

Look forward to flying/talking with ya!

1 Like

Hello USA_Nightwalker,

Welcome to ADI ! Congrats on getting married.
If you find a good spot where noobs hang around, please let me know. Fresh meat here! :smile:

1 Like

Thanks @P4thf1nder

I thank you for the welcome! If you find it first, let me know, I’m just about as fresh as you! haha.

Have a great day, and look forward to meeting ya in the 'verse

1 Like

Welcome aboard USA_Nightwalker! Great to have you in ADI! Congrats on your recent marriage. I hope she knows she just gave you a gift that will keep you on your computer for most of the night. lol. See you in the verse!

1 Like

Hello Paul (USA_Nightwalker). Congratulations on the nuptials! Your experience in flight sims will definitely prove useful. Hoping to see you online and in mumble. Remember though real life first! :blush:

1 Like

Hi USA_Nightwalker and welcome to ADI

Wow a medical Technician on an Ambulance no less! That sounds really cool and Congratz on your upcoming Wedding dude! It’s a very important bookmark in ones life.

The Avenger is a very good Stater ship and no worries regarding time constraints, Real life will always come first in ADI :slight_smile:

800hours on flight simulator!!..hmmm ok, we got ourselves a blue blooded pilot here, Wooow!

Anyways hope we can chat on Mumble and see you in the next OrgOp.

TR0PHY

1 Like

Welcome to the org,
i hope you enjoy yourself with us.
You certain have the makings of a ACE. :wink:
be sure to let me know if you have any questions.
see you around

1 Like

Good day USA_Nightwalker!

From the sound of it we can learn as much from you as you can from us. Great to have you in the ORG. :grinning:

1 Like

Hello USA_Nightwalker, welcome to ADI. Congratulations on the approaching marriage. I hope to be flying with you soon.
See you in the verse!
Nate.

1 Like

Gratz - hope you have fun

1 Like