Introduction - Scrubnpubs

Hello, my name is Jesse (i.e. Scrubnpubs), I’m 24, and I live in the great USA.

Background: I’m very new to Star Citizen as I am moving over from Elite Dangerous. I have been playing Elite Dangerous for over 3 years and have over 400 hours in game but I’m not supportive of the direction of the game and so I’ve been looking into Star Citizen as a viable alternative. Star Citizen looks amazing, the graphics are incredible. I appreciate the attention to detail throughout the game and it looks more mentally engaging than Elite Dangerous. Star Citizen is so immersive and realistic. I love the FPS content and the interconnectivity of the entire game. Walking around starports and starships is amazing! Even though Star Citizen isn’t fully developed, it is superior to Elite Dangerous in so many ways! I am very excited to begin learning more about this game and seeing it be further developed as well. It’s finally time to convert from Elite Dangerous to Star Citizen.

I received an invitation to this organization from a player named “RickyTR”. I am very interested in joining a group of players who can help me learn more about the game. I’ve already died within my first few hours of this new game and so having a community to work with would be extremely helpful! I would love to learn more about both the “Commerce and Transportation” and “Exploration and Survey” divisions. I love the thought of making my money transporting goods around the system, analyzing the markets, and flying huge haulers. I also loved the exploration component of Elite Dangerous and so I’d love to see how that will carry over into Star Citizen.

My playtime each week will fluctuate because I work as a flight instructor. Weather dictates a lot about my schedule. I hope to play at least 5 hours a week, up to 15 if I have the time. I want to take this game seriously and learn the inner workings. I hope to be an active member of this community and participate with other players on missions and activities! Thank you all for your consideration!

3 Likes

Hey Scrubnpubs, great to see you on board at ADI, and your ED knowledge will serve you well as you learn SC. We have a ton of training materials and training events on the calendar. I look forward to seeing you in the 'verse!

2 Likes

Welcome to ADI looks like you have a lot…of time in ED lol never got into it myself. If your looking to get into anything or want to just take a stroll around the verse shoot me a invite!

Catch you around the verse!!

2 Likes

Fantastic introduction! Welcome to ADI!

2 Likes

Hi Scrubnpubs, welcome to ADI! I also came over from Elite and while there are things that I liked in Elite, I haven’t really looked back, haha. If you need guidance or just a buddy, feel free to message me on Discord or friend me in Star Citizen.

See ya in the 'verse!

2 Likes

Hey there Scrunmpubs, Weclome to ADI. I was once an Elite Dangerous player myself and for a lot of the same reasons I left as well. But I’m happy you’re here. If you have any questions about the verse feel free to ask! looking forward to seeing you around the verse!

2 Likes

Greetings,
Welcome to Star Citizen and ADI! Quite the prologue you have there, and it sound like you will fit right in at ADI. Make sure you check out the Calendar for the Org Ops and trainings offered. I’ve found them to be really helpful and a great way to meet members. Hope to see you around the 'verse!

2 Likes

Welcome to the org!

2 Likes

Welcome to ADI Scrubnpubs you’ve picked a great Org to join there is no shortage of folks willing to help others out. I also played Elite Dangerous for a time and i think Star Citizen is much better in all areas. Have fun i hope to see you in the verse!

2 Likes

Welcome to ADI! Hope to see you soon.

2 Likes

Welcome to ADI Scrubnpubs! I am flight student so I know all too well what havoc the weather can play. Luckily the starships in Star Citizen always have perfect weather conditions for you to enjoy. I hope to fly with you in the 'verse!

2 Likes

Hi Scrubnpubs and welcome to ADI.

I’m glad you joined the org, I’m looking forward to flying with you in a Op. If you have any questions or need assistance do not hesitate to ask.

2 Likes

Sounds like you have a lot of relevant experience, Scrubnpubs! FS is in the process of rolling out a new corps of flight instructors, maybe you’ll give it a go. I played E:D a ton until Horizons, then interest started to wane. SC is by turns amazing, frustrating and innovative, but it’s rarely boring. Hope to see you on one of our operations soon!

1 Like

Welcome to ADI Scrubnpubs. I’m glad you joined the team. I look forward to playing with you.

1 Like

Welcome to ADI @Scrubnpubs! You join the ranks with a few other flight instructors! What ship are you flying the most?