Introduction, SamuelTAnders

Hey all,

I am new to SC, but I am going on day two and know that I am hooked. I have an x56 HOTAS coming in the mail and figured I would try to get involved with the community. I did some Arma 3 milsim and think that an org that is more structured/organized would be the best fit for me. I watched a video on which org to join and believe ADI is what I was looking for. In my life outside the verse, I work in the legal field, play the guitar, and scuba dive as much as I possibly can. Hope I can get to meet all of you and make some memories among the stars.

-Anders

2 Likes

Welcome to ADI, keep checking the forums and sign up for any training and ops that interest you. If you need any help setting up the HOTAS, there is a wealth of knowledge here and on discord, and feel free to DM me on discord.

Which division?

1 Like

If you are asking about which division I want to join, I am looking for some guidance on that. As someone with a fresh account, I am quite poor at the moment, but also looking to hone my flight skills. As enticing as flight combat sounds, I may need to earn some revenue first.

1 Like

Hi SamuelTAnders welcome to ADI glad to have you. hope to see you in the verse.

1 Like

First off, I’m in awe; SamuelTAnders, here in ADI… like wow, just wow. Welcome to ADI. I’m really glad you joined the team. I look forward to running ops with you and maybe scoring an autograph sometime.

2 Likes

Hello SamuelTAnders and welcome to ADI. I am happy that you’ve found us. I look forward to seeing you around the 'verse.

1 Like

Welcome to ADI @SamuelTAnders and to the 'verse in general! What video did you watch on orgs?

Nice intro, Anders. :3 I miss scuba diving now that I’m a few hours from the ocean. -_- As someone who’s owned an x56 before, I would recommend you keep an eye on the throttle - if you’re getting random phantom button presses from the keybinds on it, it’s drawing too much power and freaking out a bit. You can try moving it to a powered USB hub, turning the LEDs down to their lowest intensity, isolating it from other high-power-draw devices like the joystick on its own USB root - hopefully one of those will fix it for you if you have the same problem I had. In any case, I think you’ll find folks here pretty welcoming and knowledgeable. Look forward to flying with you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Anders, welcome to ADI! Looking forward to seeing you in the 'verse.

1 Like

I hope you’re ready to prove you can pass a Voight-Kampff test.

Hi SamuelTAnders, Welcome to ADI,

I’m glad you joined the org, I’m looking forward to flying with you in a Op. If you have any questions or need assistance do not hesitate to ask.

Also be sure to check the Website calendar to see when the next Org Op is. They are really well planned and a very good way to get to know other members of ADI. :slight_smile:

Anyways once again, welcome to the Org and hope to see you in an Op.

1 Like

@Nilen It was a Montoya video from TestSquadron. He went down the list of most active/largest orgs and talked a little bit about each of them.

1 Like

Oh very interesting!

The x56 will suit you well to get going. 3.15 is more like ARMA than ever before

1 Like

SamuelTAnders-bears-beats -Battle Star Galactica… I’m excited to have you a part of our org. After playing last night in the verse night I am confident you’ll make a great addition to ADI. keep learning and I expect to see some great stuff from you. I look forward to more verse time!

1 Like

Greetings,
Welcome to Star Citizen and ADI! It sounds like you’ll fit right in. I hope you will find the folks in ADI to be as helpful as I found them to be when I started. One great thing about this org is there is almost always a good group you can join up with. Make sure to check the calendar for all Org Ops and trainings. I found them to be very helpful. Hope to see you around the 'verse!