Introduction: Moonfly

Hi all,

New guy here. Just built a new PC after being out of the PC gaming scene for 10 years or so with a view to playing Star Citizen (and a couple other games). From the west Yorkshire in the UK (near Leeds) and looking to get up and running on start citizen.

Hey Moonfly! Welcome to ADI! What ship did you start out with? And what are you looking forward to most in game? Combat? Trade? Exploration? No matter what you want to do, there will be someone who will happily join you. See you in the verse!

1 Like

Welcome to ADI Moonfly! Been doing research on building a new comp and decided to wait, bad time to get the power supply and motherboard I want. :slight_smile: See you in the Verse!

1 Like

Hi Moonfly, welcome to ADI. There’s a lot of knowledge to acquire starting Star Citizen at this point, and we’ve a wealth of knowledgeable people to help you get up to speed. Look forward to seeing you around in the verse.

1 Like

Welcome to ADI Moonfly! What made you come back to gaming after such a long break? Looking forward to seeing you out there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ive been gaming since the 80’s just not had a PC for a long time. Mainly been a console gamer but got a bit bored of the limitations of consoles!

1 Like

Welcome to ADI Moonfly! It was a pleasure onboarding you, and I hope you enjoy your time here. See you in the verse!

1 Like

Welcome aboard Moonfly. Look forward to flying with you soon. Be active in coms and look into multicrew opportunities, everything is more fun with others.

1 Like

Welcome Moonfly, I’m new too and UK based. Just completed my marine basic. Welcome to the org. Hopefully see you quite a bit as a fellow GMT player

1 Like

When the game eventually downloads :smile: I’m hoping to be on tomorrow.

Hi Moonfly, Welcome to the group, I also just rebuilt my PC, Look forward to seeing you in the game and chatting with you in mumble.

1 Like

Welcome to ADI Moonfly! You will find quite a few countrymen in our membership ranks. What kinds of game play are you interested in?

I don’t know yet really until I get in the game, but generally I’m a bit of an all round player. Bit of fighting, bit of exploring and a bit of crafting style gameplay all interests me.

Take advantage of next weeks free fly to try some of the different types of ships that will be flyable.

1 Like

Hopefully you guys can help here. When I first signed up the game downloaded version 3.9.0 at 40 - 50 Gb. Then it had to update to 3.9.1 (I think it was) at about the same size. I’ve just opened the RSI launchers and its again downloading a 40 odd Gb file and appears to be downloading version 3.9.0 again. Am I missing something here, it was ready to launch this morning and now its downloading files again.

Welcome to ADI Moonfly. I’m glad you joined the team.

1 Like

Hello Moonfly. Welcome to the org. Congrats on building the new pc. I’m sure you are in a new exploration territory and will love it. Let me know if you have any questions and let’s fly together soon. See you in the verse

Moonfly,
There are 2 installs right now. The “Live” Alpha is at 3.9.0 and the Test “PTU” Alpha is at 3.9.1. The Test servers are where initial patches are tested and previewed. When you install both the test and the Live versions you are required to have 2 complete installs. One for Live and one for Test…, When the 3.9.1 patch is moved to Live you will only download the patch not the entire game for Live when a new patch comes out for test 3.9.2 for example you will only need to download the patch files. You do not have to play in the PTU test environment, but that is where the new goodies are.

2 Likes

Glad to see you have a new rig! Now time to burn it up in SC!
Welcome to ADI!

1 Like

Is anyone avaiable to get me set up on Discord, it was supposed to be done but all I can see is #lobby and I don’t have permission to enter.