introduction - meebee

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

after receiving an invitation to join ADI, i thought i might give it a try.

about me: I am from Germany. Therefore, please keep in mind that English isn’t my native language and all of my writings may come with a grain of salt.

I was born 1970 and am a passionate gamer since i was a teenager. Back then i was a passionate Battletech player - that is why the Battletech game, that is currently under development by HBS, is the one other i game i did back up.

Due to bad health, i don’t work for my living anymore on a regular basis, but am on pension already.
That does leave enough time and space for gaming. Formerly i have been working as metal worker in a coal mine, and as educater for troubled children later on.

I usually prefer strategy and roleplay/action adventure games.
Currently i do play within some private BloodBowl leagues, but i am going to have a break from these after the end of their seasons.
Once in a while i do play some FPS. Mostly the calmer ones like Fallout and the like.
As i had no access to broadband connection for a long time, until last week, i am not very skilled at pvp. Done some back in the time when Doom or Unreal tournament was around, but i really never got out on top.
As for piloting star ships: i have spent quite some time with Elite(the classic one), Wing Commander, XWing vs TieFighter and Freelancer. Add some others i found not really worth to remember. But that has been a while since…
I got almost no experience in pvp for that kind of game either. Nor do i consider myself being an outstanding pilot. Lets say i might become decent one day.
There is one thing i could promise: i won’t chicken out and leave my comrades behind. Apart from that, maybe the best you could hope for, is some kamikaze run from me, to buy you some time to bail out - if you need to do so. Do not expect any miracles. :wink:
So far i am only into the game for about 2 or 3 days. I have checked the FPS for a short visit. Same applies for AC.
I only went in on free flight and managed to land my aurora for the first time. Don’t ask me how. I will need some time to get used to the controls. Specially because there seems to be no ingame tutorial around atm.
I did concentrate on watching lets plays, ship reviews and digging deeper into all the information first.

I am mostly interested in exploring space and planetsides and some pve action. Although i also do enjoy some pvp, once in a while.
It just doesn’t need to be too stressful over a long period of time.
Therefore my current plan is to buy up to a 315p before i start real training and move further on to a freelancer. If it works out well, i might move further to a terrapin and/or aquila later in the future.

Thats probably all i could think about atm. I do not like to buy a cat in a sack, nor do i expect you to do so.
(EDIT: actually i did recall, it should be “pig in a poke” instead of “cat in a sack”, as the former was the english saying, the latter the german version)
Lets see if i do suit you and you out there suit me.

As my bed-time is coming close, i am going to delay the remaining steps (mumble+interview) until the upcoming night.

Until then.
Best regards,
meebee

Welcome, Meebee. When you get a chance, hop on mumble, and get your onboarding completed. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM.

Willkommen! We have a lot of non-native english speakers so you don’t have to worry about it. Practice makes perfect and everybody can master almost anything with the right kind of training.

Do you use a joystick or mouse and keyboard? I can help you with basics of flight control, key mapping and star citizen itself, no matter which setup you use for flying. Come to mumble for an onboarding and later on I can assist you. Looking forward to meeting you!

appreciated!

i just need to get my enlistment completed first. i am too tired atm. i only do some net surfing until i will finally be able to fall asleep. :wink:
going to finish this asap.

i do play with mouse and keyboard. i recently bought me a logitech setup for xmas.

G502 mouse, g910 keyboard and g933 headset.
Therefore there should be enough options to map the keys for proper handling.
i might decide to get me some other gear later on, as i used to play with joystick in the past.
but that remains to be seen. theres a need to spend money on other things first.
and i haven’t got plenty of it.

well… i should go to sleep now. got a league match tonight too.
g’night

Hey there meebee - welcome to the ADI community!

Don’t worry about your English - it’s pretty clear that you are more than proficient with the language (and its a hell of a lot better than my German)!

Its great to see passionate gamers like yourself join our community - each new person makes us a little stronger as whole.
If you fin you have any questions or concerns while you are here - don’t hesitate to reach out to myself, or any other Team Lead - we should be able to get you squared away pretty quickly.

Welcome again and I look forward to seeing you around on mumble when our gaming times intersect!

Hello meebee,

Willkommen in ADI. Glad you join us.
You made a very good introduction about yourself and your english seems better than mine. I m not a native english speaker neither. So I do mistakes offen. As long as everyone speaks clearly or try to communicate, we dont get any problems. I m now a member a while here and the people are very friendly and helpfull.
If you have time and want to practice your flight skills, we have flight nights on Friday at 9pm (GMT+1).
Feel free to join in discord or mumble if you need support, help or want a wingman or just a nice smalltalk.

Ansonsten können wir unter uns deutsch sprechen bzw. schreiben.

Wir sehen uns bald am Port olisar.
See you soon at Port Olisar

Hi and welcome @meebee to ADI glad to see you on bored and if you need anything. Don’t hesitate to send me a PM on here, discord or just grab me if you see me on Mumble and I’ll do my best to help you we are all here to help each other at the end of the day. I’m always about if you just want to fly or play a few rounds of star marine that’s great with me. well hope to see you soon

onboarded and good to go.

Thanks a lot for all your warm welcomes.

It will probably be a bit until i really get it goin’ , but regarding the current state of development, i feel no need to rush.
I will come here and check for your callsigns when i get into the game. with all the new sourroundings, izts hard to rmember these after first glance.
feel free to catch me if you happen to see me online. assuming you got the time and patience to deal with a complete noob at that moment.

if all works out well, i will get my first plan ride tomorrow the latest. then i am going to start flight training.

best regards,
meebee