Introduction: dibly83

Greetings!

My name is Ben, but you can call me Dibly.

38 years old. A husband and father (so the “real life comes first” statement in the Org video was a thrill to see). I’m a team player and I like my chocolate lab, I just love being around people…so I’m thankful for the opportunity to stop playing solo sessions of Star Citizen. I backed the game in 2017 and still feel silly I didn’t have any idea about this game until late 2016.

I look forward to getting voice communication properly set up on my end and connecting with some of you/all of you very soon.

I love all space sci-fi from Star Wars to Star Trek to Babylon 5 to BSG to Interstellar and so many others I may be criminally unaware of. I love the idea of being a stunt fighter pilot or ground force “red shirt” guy to help the Org in whatever way I can. I look forward to becoming a pilot that Alex Kamal, Starbuck, Luke Skywalker, Apollo, or Wedge Antilles would welcome into their fighter wing.

I love P-51D Mustangs, F-14 Tomcats and T-65 X-wings (though not an expert on any of them) so I am also in love with the F7C-M Super Hornet. I do not own it in-game so it’s a great carrot on the stick for myself, especially in 3.8.

I am looking forward to learning to better fly with my new setup of dual joysticks with the Cutlass Black and Anvil Arrow (my humble fleet that I’ll always be happy to loan to whoever needs one or wants to try one out).

Finally, I’m ready to be educated on flight skill improvement and as contradictory as it may sound, I’m proud of my willingness to humbly follow instructions and orders.

Thanks for taking a few minutes to read this. I’m happy to provide any questions you may have. I look forward to serving alongside each and every one of you.

Sincerely,

Dibly

P.S. If someone else already goes by Dibly, I’ll be happy to go by a different name/call sign.

“Lock S-foils in attack position…”

1 Like

Welcome!

if you need help setting up voice comms, I’d be happy to help. If you have any other questions, I’m also happy to help!

“I got a problem here. My converters running wild.”

1 Like

Welcome to ADI Dibly!

Yeah, set that voice comms and join us on Mumble! Some of the fun is just talking to people who have the same like mindedness like you :slight_smile: It’s a great community.

From your preferences it seems like we gained a blue blooded Fighter Pilot…Awesome!!! :D, yeah the Super is one that I have my eye on as well and will get ingame eventually to continue helping ADI their future Operations where needed.

Oh yeah, I would love to hear your feedback on dual stick controls, specially with the cutlass black since it’s a very very popular ship. Also I see your generosity as well as friendship and comradery in your post :slight_smile:

Welcome to ADI once again buddy, hope to speak to you on Mumble and see you in the Verse.

o7

Trophy
Prospect for
Atlas Defence Industries

Welcome Dibly to ADI. I’m glad you decided to join us. If you have any question feel free to ask. There are many debates on what the best fighters are. It seems that Arrows and Gladius are the best light fighters. Super Hornets and Sabers are the best medium fighters. The Cutlass Black is a great all purpose ship. It’s medium size gives it good range, fire power and cargo space. I look forward to talking with you on Mumble and seeing you in game. Fly safe.

1 Like

Welcome to the ORG.
Happy to have you along.
we have plenty of organised group play sessions in the form of certs and ops.
So be sure to keep an eye out for them on the forums :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome, dibly, glad to have you aboard! I’m also a huge fan of many of the old school sci-fi series that you mentioned, as well as the newer ones such as The Expanse and the new Mars series on Netflix. If you have any questions or need help with anything please don’t hesitate to ask, we’re always here to help. Looking forward to flying with you in the Verse!

1 Like

Hi @dibly83 and welcome to the org.

You came to the perfect place if you are looking for balanced gameplay.

Make sure you join mumble and somebody will help you out with your current setup,

See you in the verse.

1 Like

Hey Dibly, welcome from a fellow ADI newby :slight_smile: So, a great fan of space sci-fi AND a lover of Tomcats and X-wings, eey? Come here and gimme a hug, bro :smiley: You mentioned you love the idea of being a stunt pilot. Got any interest in racing in the murray cup? I am more of a sports watcher than do-er, but it would be awesome to cheer on someone from the home team :smiley:

Be well and see ya around!

1 Like

Welcome to ADI Dibly. I’m right there with you regarding your history with space. Probably like you I cut my teeth on STOS and the original BSG, Star Wars and STNG when it came out, then B5 (man I watched B5 and DS9 every week for over a decade). And lets not discount SG1’s influence. I am so there with you. Back in SC; the moment I saw Anvil’s commercial for the Super Hornet I was hooked. Of course I had to start with the Freelancer in honorable memory of Roberts’ original game, but in my heart I lusted for the Super Hornet. Perhaps that explains why I have all 3 Freelancers and both Super Hornets in my fleet. I look forward to running ops with you.