Introduction: DanteDarkly

Hello, Hola, Bonjour, Privet, Ni Hao, Konnichiwa, Guten Tag and Kamusta.

My name is Dante, and the first time I can ever really remember playing games was sneaking off to the PC section in Sams club to play Mech Warrior 2.

I grew up playing mecha or space simulators. Decent/Decent Freespace, X-Wing vs Tie Fighter, Mechwarrior 4. I’ve served in Wars on eve online, and flittered about aimlessly in Elite Dangerous.

These days I like to say I’m crazy about story telling, and voice acting. Games that interest me the most are either highly immersive, or highly story telling driven. Though I do pvp a lot and consider my self a “casual try hard” having Raided and Ranked played in several games over the years.

As far as me personally. I’m 32, My Myers Briggs has me as an ENTJ, I was born in 88 in the year of the dragon and am a Taurus. I’m currently finishing up my AS in automated welding, and am on track to become a project manager down my career line. I enjoy swimming, and am a life long martial artists.

I look forward to playing with you all. If you ever want to find me on pretty much anywhere as DanteDarkly.

Looking forward to starting up my first Star Citizen Session soon!

P.S. If you’re into Phantasy Star Online 2, or Escape from Tarkov. Both of these games are where I spend most of my time recently.

Fly safe, or dangerous. Whatever your preference is.

1 Like

Hello and welcome to ADI @dantedarkly.
My first mechwarrior game was mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries been loving that franchise ever since.
Glad to have helped with your pre-onboarding and I am looking forward to getting to know you 'verseside!
Cheers,
SirToadie

1 Like

Hey Dante Darkly,

Welcome to the org!

Cheeky cheeky. I think you’ll be a great fit in ADI :wink:

1 Like

Hi Dante, great intro. Welcome to ADI.

1 Like

Welcome to ADI! Big fan of immersive story games (favorite is Mass effect trilogy). Looking forward to flying with you and will maybe catch you in tarkov sometime!

1 Like

The newest wipe and update has me kind of salty, but I am always down for some chill Scav runs or an occasional spicy PMC run! Maybe I can get the Gamma container this time around lol

1 Like

Welcome to ADI and Star Citizen. Have a good time!

1 Like

Welcome to ADI! Star citizen will give you plenty of immersion, and Squadron 42 will give a huge story so I think you are covered. Have you got a favourite ship yet? If not and you want to borrow one to try it out, just ask around. Someone here will have a ship you are looking at and will be happy to loan it out for you to try. See you in the verse!

1 Like

Hi Dante
Welcome to ADI, I also dabbled in Mech Warrior loved it
Looking forward to flying with you verse side.

1 Like

@dantedarkly,

Welcome to ADI. I’m a MechWarrior fan like you ever since I played Mechwarrior 2. I grew up playing much of the same games like yourself, Decent, Doom, Quake, Tie Fighter, X-Win, the list can be made long.

What do you like doing in Star Citizen?

For me I love trading and hauling but more so I love creating awesome memories together with my org mates.

1 Like

Hello! Welcome to ADI! Glad to have you here with us :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to ADI, dantedarkly, if you have any questions or need any help please don’t hesitate to ask, we’re always glad to help. Looking forward to flying with you in The Verse!

1 Like

Welcome to ADI dantedarkly. I’m glad you joined the team.

1 Like

Whoops, this is what happens when you post things without sleep

@Valmont1138 @Draaz3n we should run some raids together sometime. I do enjoy some tarkov and chill.

1 Like

TLDR, I have wide tastes but main as combat pilot. I will also be playing lots of fps mode too. Sorry if wall of text is too much.

Honestly I don’t know where to start. In eve online I prided myself in being able to fly any battleship class ship or lower, with any race or any weapon platform, effectively in pvp combat. I was dragged out to nullsec warfare within my first weeks and flew for a few years or more.

But then, and now I still do a bit of everything. I like learning all facets of a game fully. So hauling, mining, industrial and exploration are all things I like to dabble in.

I’m a combat pilot first though. I believe in defending my space and crushing aggressors.

I was carrier route in eve online, so within here I would safely say my long term plan is to command a Javelin. Right now I have the base Aurora mr and I think I’ve been informed a good investment would be a Cutlass Black. I’d rather make most of my funds though combat but I’m willing to do whatever if it means I have the extra funds to invest in combat on the side. (reasons I got into hauling/mining/industrial stuff in eve. Money was too good) Exploration too but I just enjoyed exploration.

I’m really up for suggestions. I love a lot of different kinds of science fiction space ships. From the Defiant, Rocinante, Millennium Falcon, The Outlaw Star, White Stars, The Galactica, I could list things as simple as fighters upwarsd to capitals and titans all day. I have pretty wide tastes.

And I hope this answers a bit for you too Pheonix. Mostly I just like watching the homies be really badass together though. Or look fly. Or just chill and vibe. As I said, I have wide tastes.

1 Like

Cutlass Black is an excellent ship. Solid fighter with some functional cargo capability. Freelancer as well, especially the MIS variant. For pure fighter the Gladius and the Hornet’s are hard to beat. You will definitely want to get together with some of us and try as many out as you can. If you don’t mind doing some cargo or mining work, you can also work up to buying or renting in game pretty much anything you want :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah man, hit me up in discord sometime

1 Like

Hello Dante, If we didn’t know by your introduction already we could have guessed you were and E. Well done by the way. I was on track myself to become a CWI working in quality assurance before I got tired of the welding, grinding and fixing other people mistakes. Not to mention the heat on the floors working manufacturing.
Now i am working on my BS in computer systems.

Welcome to ADI, keep checking the forums for any training and org ops you are interested in and i will see you when i do.

1 Like

lets do it! My name in Tarkov is the same here.

© 2013 - 2019 Atlas Defense Industries LLC