Intro Lady D'Ath

Being a person of mature age I have spent a great deal of time gaming. In real life I am a Unix Engineer. In game I am leaning more towards exploration and discovery. I want to go out and be the first person to see and set foot on new worlds. To this end I have already acquired a few exploration vessels.

I started online gaming back in the late 80’s, I was involved in text based online RPG’s. In the early 90’s I even ran a text based RPG on AOL. Since then I have played a host of text based and graphical online games in both FPS and RPG genres. The last big MMO I played was Eve Online (I dabbled in Ark on XBox as well). Currently I am looking for a more laid back experience with the opportunity to be part of something bigger.

Hi Lady D’Ath,

Nice talking with you! Good luck with your onboarding and see you soon in the Verse!

Welcome to the family! Great to have you on board!

Hey LadyDAth,
Welcome to ADI, I’m glad your here. It wss nice talking with you last night. I’m glad I had the opportunity to bring you on board. We’ve had many similar experiences and hope to work with you down the road in ADI.

Enjoy exploration, hopefully you will have a lot to do when 3.0 is released.

Hey, good to have you with us.

Text based adventure games was the first thing I ever did on a computer when I was a kid. Later I discovered MUDs, which also blew my mind as it was my first real internet aha moment. Gave me some fun for a while too.

Welcome.

Hi Lady D’Ath,

welcome to the org. Happy to have you with us. When i remember on my old days on AOL, the funny chats and… ok, thats something for our blackwells pub on mumble…

so i hope to hear you soon

waterwalker

Hi Lady D’Ath,

Welcome to ADI. That’s interesting that you got to see the development of the RPG genre. I’m a tad younger, born in the late 80s, so I missed all the glory days of text based RPGs. I saw some early RPGs on PC and Nintendo though, and I respect those a bit farther along in life who got to see the beginnings of it all :slight_smile:. I hope you find ADI to be a friendly place, I know I’m loving it. All the best to you

Welcome Lady - It’s great to have you here. It sounds like you’ve been around the block and have lots to offer. Looking forward to flying with you.

Welcome Lady D’Ath - look forward to flying with you soon.

Welcome!

Can’t say I’m quite as mature of a gamer as I didn’t get started in online gaming until '95 or so and that was Spades/Hearts. Laid back, sometimes loud, but you’re in the right place :slight_smile: See you in the verse!