Intro: jtn110

Hello everyone! I’m here applying for this org because I didn’t even know that SC had player-made organizations until I received an email from ADI shortly after signing up. This really stood out to me, because I personally really like the idea of a really large player made faction. I also really like what ADI stands for and would love to be a member!

4 Likes

Well, may I be among the first to welcome you to ADI! I’ll admit, I thought the same thing until I got an email, just as you did. What are your favorite things to do in SC? Do you have a favorite ship?

I actually haven’t had time to even start the game up yet, so I can’t really say what my favorite things to do are. I will say that what drew me to SC is the idea of exploring with a little bit of action here and there. ADI appealed to me because it seems as though this community is very helpful and can give me a shove in the right direction when starting out.

Welcome to ADI jtn110. I’m glad you joined the team. I look forward to seeing you in game.

Jtn110, welcome and if you need a tour from A to Z I’m here to help you. Just send me a DM in Discord and I’ll help you as much as you like. Feel free to ask me on Mumble if I’m online at the time. Welcome to the Org and see you in the Verse.

Hi Jtn110, Welcome to ADI. Have you managed to start it up yet? It’s a frustrating game but there’s great potential. See you in mumble!

Yes, I actually just did start it up! I couldn’t figure out how to get anywhere though haha. Imma give it another go tomorrow.

1 Like

I appreciate the help! I will certainly look for you next time I’m on.

Hello, welcome to ADI. It is a nice organization to be a part of. Playing with a group can be lots more fun! See you in game.

Hi Jtn110

Welcome to ADI and Star Citizen.

Hope on to mumble some time and complete your on-boarding and become a full member.

Keep well and look forward to seeing you in the verse.

Hey Jtn110,

Welcome to ADI. I’ve joined recently and I find the org has made a huge difference in my enjoyment of the game.
What do you enjoy doing in-game?

See you in the verse :smiley:

Welcome to the Team, jtn110! Glad you like what ADI stands for. I look forward to running with you in the 'Verse!

Hi jtn110, it is great you decided to join us at ADI. We are a great bunch of people that love star citizen and we often have something going on if you are looking for a group.

Hey there Jtn Welcome to ADI, its a great group of people and there is always something going on amongst us. Looking forward to seeing ya in the groups and until then Fly safe!

I hopped on to Mumble for the on boarding, but I was unfortunately told that my username did not fit ADI’s requirements. Its the username I use for everything, however, its not a very big deal to me. I am willling to change it. I figured I should ask someone in a leadership position what exactly the username needs to be. Like, can numbers be in it at the end? Can I just use my first name? Also, I’m not very experienced large gaming communities/web forums like this, so I apologize if this isn’t the proper place to ask this.

Hi mate, it must feel frustrating having to change your name. I’ve been using FatHeadedZebra since I started out in gaming and I feel it’s part of my identity. It’s not something which I’d want to change lightly.
I understand that you didn’t complete on-boarding and went to consider wether you’d like to change or not. That’s good as it has to be the right decision for you and the community here would respect that.
The reason for the request in your case is brevity. ADI is well organised and structured to be what I can only describe as being like the army, navy or air force. As a member, when you see the structure, organisation and understand what I mean you can see that the benefits speak for themselves. The flip side of that structure and adherence to rules in your case is the name change request. If we’re going to be an effective and organised org then we need to be able to call one another clearly using effective radio Comms during combat scenarios. I get that it seems strange l used to wonder why we risk losing a valuable and committed member of the team because of a name?!? But seriously, once you’re in and you’re on an org event with loads of people on the comms then then the reasoning becomes clear. It’s nothing personal, we all want you to feel comfortable with whatever you decide to do but the relationship has to mutually beneficial and in the org case it’s clear name, easy to say and pronounce in stressful situations. Your surname would likely be fine and yes you could leave numbers or whatever on the end. Nothing offensive either. I do hope this helps and that we get to see you in Mumble but ultimately make the right choice for you. All the best.

1 Like

Hey @JayT22

The best way is to come in on Mumble for the onboarding and talk it over with one of the Team Leaders as he/she is doing the onboarding. That way it should go smoother if problems should arise.

Your name could also be broken down phonetically to make in easier to pronounce, such as j sounding like Jay, t sounding like Tee and n sounding like En allowing you to construct a name that sounds the same but reads easier. It could be JayTeeEn110 or JayTeeN110 or JayTN110 or liken it to someone else’s we all know and love; JayT

Hey there JT whats going on ! If you like the idea of a large Player Managed Org well you have found it! There are many reasons why i love being apart of it and i am glad you now have an opportunity to find your very own reasons to love it! Welcome to the best Org in SC =)

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I will certainly be back on to mumble for the on boarding as soon as I can. Real life has been busy lately (still in the Army lol). I seriously am surprised by all the hospitality and it solidifies my decision to join.

1 Like