Inroduction:DeftProxy

Hello, I’ve been a gamer off and on for 30 years and have always preferred immersive and complex games. My favorites over the years were Legend of Zelda, Nobunaga’s Ambition, PTO, Aces Over Europe, Wing Commander (all), and Privateer. More recently I was really into BF3 and CoD up until Ghosts.

I’m really excited about the Star Citizen project has to offer and it has been my go-to for the past year or so. This is my first entry into an org here, or anywhere for a few years. I’m looking forward to seeing what the experience is like working with ADI.

1 Like

Welcome @DeftProxy to ADI, I’m also a long time gamer and have played most of the games you listed. We are a friendly Org never hesitate to jump into Mumble and see what’s going on.

2 Likes

Hey DeftProxy, good to have you with us. Your gaming history (longer than my life) should help with learning star citizen. I hope to by flying with you soon, and see you in the verse!

Nate.

2 Likes

WELCOME @DeftProxy, glad to have you!

You will fit right in here at ADI, lots of us are long time gamers with families and friends outside of the computer. And with operations and certificats being planned and scheduled its easy to jump in for some fun. see you around!

2 Likes

Welcome! I’m a big Zelda fan too. I tried my brother’s switch, but I couldn’t bring myself to buy one. Can’t explain why. I really liked the multiplayer mode on the DS game Phantom Hourglass.

2 Likes

Yo, Deft, seems you are a CR legacy fan :slight_smile: This is my first CR game and I do like what I see. What is PTO if I may ask? From your list I have played Zelda and BF3 was awesome too :smiley:

Be well and fly safe!

1 Like

Welcome to ADI DeftProxy. I think you enjoyed the best CoD had to offer. I started with CoD2. CoD4 (MW) still resonates with me but it was MW3 that I really enjoyed playing; that was the first time I clanned up. The other games you mentioned I draw a blank on. My thing was RTS so for me it all Westwood Studios and Microsoft Games including the original SC, Freelancer. I’m glad you joined the team. I look forward to seeing you in game.

2 Likes

Welcome to ADI, awesome to have you with us. Do yourself a favour and download Freelancer if you haven’t played it already. Such Nostalgia :smiley:

1 Like

Hi,

glad to have you on board, comrade. Pretty much new here too so lets make the best of it.

Ever onwards.

1 Like

Welcome! If you have any questions or need help with something don’t hesitate to ask. Our forum here and our Discord server are both very active. See you in the Verse!

1 Like

Hi DeftProxy and welcome to the Org! :slight_smile:

Wow that’s a lot of experience in gaming regardless dude :open_mouth:
I see you are more into simulators am I right?

Anyways I hope ADI will fulfill your experience requirement (I’m very sure it will :wink: ) and that we will cooperate together on next OrgOp.

TR0PHY

1 Like

Welcome,
hope you enjoy your self with us.
Be sure to check out our ops, a great way to get some game time with a good amount of people.
we post them on our forums.
glad to have you with us, and hope to see you around

1 Like

Welcome to the org @DeftProxy,

It is nice to see such experienced players joining our org.

Hope to see you in the verse and chat with you on mumble.

1 Like

Hey DeftProxy welcome to ADI
We have lots of us in ORG who have long time gaming exerience
now we got one more member such as yourself so welcome aboard…

1 Like

Welcome to ADI, The game is so good I really like it aswell, and its so much more fun with people. I hang out in mumble most evening and always down to fly.

1 Like

Welcome, DeftProxy, glad to have you aboard! If you need any help or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask , we’re always here to help. Looking forward to flying with you in the Verse!

1 Like

Welcome DeftProxy! Long time (as in grey headed) gamer here. See you in the verse!

1 Like

Hey, Caelum, I am a CR legacy fan. Nice to meet you! PTO (and PTO2) was a turn based strategy game simulating the Pacific Theater of Operations during WW2. There were iterations beyond PTO2, but I never played those.

1 Like

Hey!, Thank you!
You are right, simulations are my faves. Looking forward to working with you!

1 Like

Wow! Thank you for the suggestion! I will check Freelancer out :slight_smile: