I like space

I got the two starter ships and I mostly travel with the Aurora so I am used to be able to exit the seat every now and then while in space. You can probably tell what Im gonna say next. This time I traveled with the Mustang and after 10min of Quantumdrive I exited the seat, sending me of into space xD Please tell me I am not the only one who was stupid enough to do that

3 Likes

Solar winds man, they can be tricky.

1 Like

I have done that a few times, but I meant to press the interaction key. I have never pressed Y on purpose in a single seat fighter

Iā€™m guilty too.

Well, I just ā€œhad toā€ pull that button on my seat (while in hangar, lol).

1 Like

The other night I was flying my super hornet and got into a spat with the bounty I was hunting. Him and four of his buddies bested me. Right before my ship blew I ejected. I was like sweet I lived! But I just was floating there. Looking at arialā€¦and floating there. Then just to backspace my self to port. Ejection seat is great until your marooned

1 Like

That used to happen, and guys got rescued but that was because we partied together as a matter of course. I think guys are partying up less and less these days. I remember a time when it took me an hour just to get to a player just to rescue him. That was a long wait for him and a long drive for me but we did it. We made it happen. Itā€™s going to be part of the game and after all, isnā€™t that a benefit of being clanned up? Any ways, this post isnā€™t isnā€™t intended as a criticism but an encouragement, to myself as much as anyone else who reads this, we should be partying up more often when weā€™re in gameā€¦ for rescue, for safety, for friendship if not basic team building. Whatā€™s our response going to be when HHN or a pirate org takes out a couple of our guys if weā€™re not partied up to respond; zip, nadda, zilch and that should not be.

That moment when you hit the button and then think that you shouldnā€™t have, but the animations are already going xD But it is awesome with at least the non-fighter cockpit style ships that you can walk around while on the move, right? :smiley: On the fighters they maybe should build in a safety function asking if you really want to do that while moving. I mean, if you really need to get out of a moving ship because of reasons, there is the emmergency button, right? :wink:

I am for that too - BUT;
ā€¦it takes SOOO long to get players into a party and then together in the universe. Are they on your friends list, am I on their friends list, sit at the menu until all the players get to their menu, group-up, pull, either travel - or wait for others to travel.
When I get into a party, I spend the first 1/2 hour or more either traveling, or waiting for other to travel.

I like the planned events because everyone knows to be at a specific place and time so we can start.

I tried a few times to get into a group doing a ā€˜moleā€™, but gathering 4 or 5 people on the same server, to do the same thing is nearly impossible.

After the 3.8 go-live, everyone is running around trying to rebuild their bank - grouping up is a HUGE time-sinkā€¦