How is money made in SC?

I’m very new but how do you make money in SC? And can you make enough with a starter ship to buy a larger/specialized ship?

You make aUEC by doing missions, accepting player beacons for certain services, hauling goods(buying one place then selling somewhere else), mining, pirating but that is against org rules.

I have played Eve for sometime, and know how their money system works, is it somewhat the same? RSI pays players for missions? Other players buy contracts for mining ore or filling buy orders? Can you buy ships or modules with in game currency? I’ll be on tonight to ask these questions in mumble. These are just things that have been on my mind with this game. Especially after seeing the price of a Mining Prospecting ship today…ehhhkk…
Thanks

Ok right now you cannot buy ships in game with aUEC. It is coming just not here yet. You can buy things for your ships at dumpers depot. Right now the mission system is fairly basic. Missions are given by NPC’s for the most part. The only things I am aware of that players can “hire” other players for currently is transportation and combat assistance.

I will say this to you if you are wanting to fly a certain ship just log in and ask in chat if someone would be willing to loan the ship to you. Most of the time you will get someone who will. If not one of your fellow ORG members would be happy to. I was actually loaned a Prospector, thats how I found out I really liked mining and made the decision to buy one for myself.

As far as similiarities between making money in eve vs SC. I would say they are very different. There is no market at the moment. I am hoping for a manufacturing game play loop similar to EVE but I have not heard anything about it still to early i think. Anyway mumble is a great way for you to get questions asked. Have a great day!!