Hi Guys - Batch to file, might improve performance

Hi All,

Just thought I would share a batch file I created to help some performance issues on my laptop.

Normally there are many services that are not so essential during gaming, so those services can be turned off in my understanding.

I created this based on the services observed in Windows 8.1

This also affects stuff like bluetooth , printer service and all that nonsense when not required for gaming.

Some services added are based on knocking some of the installations that have been done.

You need to copy the stuff on to a Notepad.

The following are the text contents:

net stop “wlidsvc”
net stop “PnkBstrA”
net stop “Spooler”
net stop “SkypeUpdate”
net stop “Schedule”
net stop “EventLog”
net stop “CyberLink PowerDVD 12 Media Server Service”
net stop “CyberLink PowerDVD 12 Media Server Monitor Service”
net stop “bthserv”

Please inspect the services indicated, some of the services are not necessary to be stopped.

After you are good to go ahead with these, then You need to rename it from " .TXT " to " .BAT " , ,run as administrator.

If this makes the difference on your laptop… wow, none of that stuff should be an issue while playing a game.

I am trying to chip as much as I can :stuck_out_tongue: , to reduce where ever I can. Since I am on a laptop unfortunately :frowning: .

I came across more performance improvement at the cost of graphical degradation, I like gameplay > graphics :smiley:

Something we used to do during eve days , take off all and I mean everything that need not exist during game time to ensure a smooth battle.

The following was posted on RSI forums itself , this a simple addition, people who want more performance will have to do the following, and store the User.cfg file in the following location.

[C or …] :\Users\New User\Documents\StarCitizen\CitizenClient

The person will have to manually create the User.cfg file by himself and then copy the following , that can be further Modified to improve performance at the cost GFX.

I am using this currently but gonna test more as I can improve further on.

– Start of commands
– Copy from the below

– Basic Settings
cl_fov = 50
pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov = 55
r_DrawNearFoV = 55

-- Anti-Aliasing
	r_TexMinAnisotropy = 8
	r_TexMaxAnisotropy = 8

--Post Processing Effects
	r_DepthOfField = 0
	r_MotionBlur = 0
	g_radialBlur = 0

--Vsync & FPS limit
	r_VSync = 0			--Change to your preference
	sys_MaxFPS = 30

--Mouse Sensitivity
	i_mouse_accel = 0.0
	i_mouse_accel_max = 0.0
	cl_sensitivity = 25

--Other
	cl_crouchToggle = 1	--Change to 1 for crouch toggle 
	hud_bobHud = 0

–Advanced Settings
– Post Process Effects
r_ChromaticAberration = 0
r_Sharpening = 0

-- Unknown
	r_ColorGrading = 0
	sys_spec_texture = 2
	sys_spec_sound = 2
	r_HDRBloomRatio = 0
	r_MotionBlurShutterSpeed = 0

--Lighting & Shadow Quality
		r_SSAO = 0
		r_ssdo = 0
		r_SSReflections = 0
		r_FogShadows = 0
		r_Gamma = 0.86 		--Change to your preference
		r_HDRBrightLevel = 0
		e_ShadowsMaxTexRes = 128
		e_ParticlesShadows = 0

– End of commands

Let me know if they had better performance improvement, I think Fleet Security guys would need to adjust a few to help fight fleet battles better to ensure success on the battlespace (No more Battlefield …no more fields :stuck_out_tongue: ) .

Note: Please change the FOV as per your liking , I have reduced it to 50’s to improve, but i think 80 was by default.
I am sure FOV means, FIELD OF VIEW, how far can you see, this should have been renamed as , SOV [SpaceofView] :slight_smile:

I had a jump of 3-4 FPS to 12 FPS atleast. :smiley:

I think the majority of those cryengine commands are not able to be edited anymore. I know the fov one for sure.

Yeah it seems like that now , I think the newer patches have disabled the Cryengine parameters that will affect the engine.