Hi guys - An introduction

I’ve been involved with Star Citizen since pretty much since the kickstarter days, though didn’t put any real money into it until there was at least basic flight. And the amount I’ve played the the last few months far outstrip what I’ve done before hand. That’s partly because I realized how old my video card was. The game improved quite a bit after I upgraded.

I’m more interested in storyline and exploring in games more than PVE. Would think I’d do exploring more than anything else, though with a coordinated team, I can see how dogfighting and being a marine could be fun. I doubt I’ll ever be high then mid-tier with them though.

I like being the calvary more than being a pirate, and literally allergic to drama. So when I decided to start looking into corporations, and then my cousin mentioned being a member of this once, made sense to check this one out.

Virtual equipment wise, I’d like to start off with a Freelancer since it’s suppose to be the largest ship that can go though all the jump points. But since exploration isn’t really a thing yet, and a unlimited budget has never been a thing for me, I just recently purchased a Super Hornet and just have the basic exploration ship that comes with basic accounts. I like that the Super Hornet can be two man, though the visual for the rear turrent litterly looks like some kind of hellscape at this point, at least for me and my cousin. It was funny but not very useful. Between the video card, the better ship which I max out the shields on, and finally starting to understand the targeting system, I just finished three waves of vandal swarm without dieing. Impressive for me.

Realworld equipment wise, I currently use a Thrustmaster T16000M suplemented with voiceattack. Saw a great video on someone using two of those joysticks instead of a hotas and though it was interesting, though getting the setup to work consistently was very frustrating so I returned the second joystick for the time being. The upgrade video card I have is a GTX 1060 running dual screens. My computer has been around some time and plan to upgrade it whenever Star Citizen really becomes active, but it seems to work well enough.

My day job is a computer tech for a local school district where I work from 7 to 3:30 central time. I don’t have a fiance who I could get into gaming with me but generally he works when I don’t. But on his days and weekend mornings, I’ll tend not to do anything that I can’t step away from easily. His schedule is always changing, but they’re usually Sunday and Monday lately. Don’t have any kids aside from two dogs. If you hear barking while I’m talking, it’s probably the small pushier one, Chango. Don’t worry, I have my mike button triggered.

I think that’s more than enough I think. See you online.

Hey there Ottermon - welcome to the ADI community!
That is definitely an impressive introduction and I am sure you will be able to find a division (be it exploration or fleet security) where you will be happy and find the coordinated structure you are looking for.

I hear you have already completed your onboarding, so welcome to ADI as a full member - I look forward to getting some gaming time in with you and seeing you around on mumble.

I always like to make it clear that if you have any questions while you are here, don’t hesitate to reach out and ask one of us - we will do our best to get you the answers you are looking for.

Lastly - I just like to point out that ADI is working on branching out into other games while we patiently wait for SC to release (Soon TM as they say). Currently we have plans to support CoD:IW, we have a number of players in Ark Survival Evolved, and plan on supporting a survival space sim called Hellion when it releases (soon TM). Feel free to help our community expand into more new games.

Welcome again and I look forward to getting some game time in with you.

PS: Due to the holiday here in the US, it may take longer than usual to process your application and onboarding - forum access may take a few days. Thank you in advance for your patience!

That was quite the introduction! Welcome to the ADI Forums.

I’m looking forward t getting to know you as we keep expanding the StarCitizen Universe.

Hope to see you around on Mumble and at Flight Night. See you soon!

I’m not sure what you mean by TM. Hellion looks interesting, more than ARK. COD looks the best. But I wouldn’t really be interested in any of them outside of a team. Overwatch is my favorite shooter but it’s much better when the teams are evenly matched. And if I could communicate and work with others consistently, it would be even better. But can’t get anyone interested in using a game I have access to and don’t really want a game system. If anyone needs to fill out their team for COD, or Hellion, let me know. Also should hopefully get Star Marine soon.

Hey ottermon,

Glad to meet your acquaintance and welcome aboard! That’s awesome that you’ve been a backer since the ole days, and we can always use more explorers. Once you’ve settled in, continue to hop into Mumble in order to better familiarize yourself with a few of our many members. I hope you can make our Friday night flight nights…it’s there where you can learn some of our ins and outs of how ADI works together.

Welcome once again…were very happy to have you with us!

-Hyndrosa1

Welcome! Great having you in channel earlier this evening. Hope we’ll continue to see you around on Mumble and in the 'verse as things start to pick up.

Heya Otter

I saw last night that you got your onboarding all squared away and that you’re good to go so I’ll just say welcome to ADI.

Besides Hellion and COD, if there are any other games you see us playing that you happen to be interested in, hop right in with us and play. We’d all love to get to know you and game with you.

Cheers!